Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    DS9 Upgrade/update release
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DS9 Upgrade/update release
 Login/Join

posted
DS9 was the largest upgrade we have ever attempted. There are many new tools which Bob has already mentioned, and hundreds of revised patterns. The drafting code has been updated for refined fit and ease values.

After a decade or more some patterns go stale, others just no longer met the advanced expectation for fit and design that we have come to expect. Advances in the basic technology allowed us to make improvements. We all jumped in head first never realizing the size this task would end up being. You didn’t loose anything you gained a lot.

The lead programmer- Bob Clardy was tireless and relentless in his efforts to make things conform to a higher standard. His skills created wondrous results.

The Tester Group was beyond remarkable. We label our test builds with letters of the alphabet- after running thru once we start with double letters- after running thru it twice we go to triple letters. The last “test build” was labeled 'nnn'. That’s just an indication of how many times these remarkable ladies reviewed every single pattern.

We developed a FREE Bonus collection, for anyone that upgrades, that is very today-with 23 brand new patterns showcasing some of the new tools, and many of the refinements available to you.

I would like to recognize the efforts of these incredible testers and users of the programs without whom this release would either be much smaller or released way later this year!
In no particular order:
A heartfelt Thank You goes to
Nancy Nason, Selma Whitaker, Luz Pearson, Bonnie Triola, June Cappola, Carolyn Brown, Janet Dean, Joyce Rammel, Sam Montefusco, and BJ Nichols.

I /we - the users can not thank you enough for your endeavors.

Kaaren Hoback

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greetings.
I went to Livingsoftnw.com to upgrade my standard DS 8.03 to standard DS 9. Even though I am logged in to the site, the price for the upgrade shown is: $199.00 instead of $69.00. It asks for a promotion code. How do I go by to have it bill me for $69 instead of $199?

Eager to upgrade.
Thanks,

Sandi

Posts: 49 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I went to Livingsoftnw.com to upgrade my standard DS 8.03 to standard DS 9. Even though I am logged in to the site, the price for the upgrade shown is: $199.00 instead of $69.00. It asks for a promotion code. How do I go by to have it bill me for $69 instead of $199?

Please try again now. It was not giving the proper discount right after the announcement, but the web services guy got it fixed and it should be providing the proper discount now. Sorry for the delay...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am having trouble installing DS 9.0 I have DS 8.04. Please explain step by step how to proceed. I entered manually the new codes, but I am still within DS 8.04. Should I delete DS 8.04 before installing DS 9? Do I use in downloads the full download or the uddate download? I tried both and none updates 8.04. Please help.
Thanks,

Sandi

Posts: 49 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I figured it out. It is important to have the DS program closed while installing DS 9.
Was finally succesful.

posted Hide Post
Depending on your system set up
I suggest using the IE web browser not another system to download DS.
1 close any current version of the program
2 close down your anti virus and firewall
3 if using win 7 you must be in administrator mode not user account mode
4 if you have DS8 on your computer take the update. IF you have an earlier version I suggest taking the full download.
5.go the the download page and select download when it is finished install and follow the menu prompts.
6. go to file?activate and automatically retrieve codes
7 wait - it takes time to activate everythign you own
8 click yes to restart your program
reopen DS and go to File>settigns and set your preferences.
return to File Settings again and do your page set up.

9 if Win 7 go to start>find Livingsoft and RIGHT click to bring up the sub menu and click Run as Administrator.

10 Have a whole lot of fun exploring- there's a LOT to see

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where do we get a 'code' for the upgrade?

I have used DS since 2.5, I am registered and upgraded to latest version 8 - why do I not get information about the upgrades, I don't understand.

Many thanks,

Dawn

Dawn

Posts: 14 | Registered: 28 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As soon as you purchase the upgrade, download and install it from the download pages - you go to File>activate and the program will automatically retrieve and install your code.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where do we get a 'code' for the upgrade?

I have used DS since 2.5, I am registered and upgraded to latest version 8 - why do I not get information about the upgrades, I don't understand.

There are two codes involved:

1. You get the program code from the Livingsoft web site download page here:
http://www.livingsoftnw.com/DownloadsNew.htm

2. You get an activation code by purchasing the upgrade from the Livingsoft web site's Store page or from the Dress Shop 9 Upgrade page. Those are here:

Store: http://www.livingsoftnw.com/Store.htm

DS9 Upgrade: http://www.livingsoftnw.com/DS9/DS9Upgrade.htm

Email notifications are being sent to your btinternet.com email account. I notice that on the forum, you are using a hotmail account. Are you still getting emails at the other email address? It not, go to Livingsoft web site, click on the "Your Account" button. Enter that old email address and password to get to your account, then change the email address to whatever you prefer to use at this time.

Hope this covers it all...

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, the code I am looking for is a PROMOTION CODE.

Why would I not have received any notice of the new version with a promotion code??

Regards

Dawn

Dawn

posted Hide Post
Because it was JUST released. The public annoucnement isn't sent yet- just the advanced announcement via the BBS.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry, the code I am looking for is a PROMOTION CODE.

Why would I not have received any notice of the new version with a promotion code??

1. We always announce new versions on the forum first. Email announcements go out later.

2. Buy the upgrade, log in and the price is automatically reduced. No promotion code is needed.

posted Hide Post
Thank you sorry for the confusion. I have received the e-mail and now have the upgrade. I am one happy camper now.

I am in the middle of a move from the UK to Canada (again) so may be a bit behind in reading the forum.

Many thanks for your help

Dawn

Dawn

posted Hide Post
I am also having trouble purchasing the upgrade for $69. I own and am using Doll Shop Deluxe. I downloaded and successfully installed DS9, and now would like to purchase so I can activate it. I get to the shopping cart, am logged in, and the price is still showing as $199.00.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.
Karen

Posts: 63 | Registered: 18 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am also having trouble purchasing the upgrade for $69. I own and am using Doll Shop Deluxe. I downloaded and successfully installed DS9, and now would like to purchase so I can activate it. I get to the shopping cart, am logged in, and the price is still showing as $199.00.

Am I doing something wrong?

Yes and no. If you use the Dress Shop upgrade page, that puts Dress Shop 9 Standard into your cart, rather than Doll Shop Deluxe 9. Since you do not own any version of Dress Shop, the shopping cart does not reduce your price on that one.

You can get Doll Shop Deluxe 9 from the store page, of course, and that will be reduced in price to $69 for you. But that does not get you the bonus collection, which is available only to those upgrading.

Give he half an hour and I'll make some links that are specific to the Doll Shop Deluxe upgrade with bonus collection included. Not sure where they need to be. The Dress Shop upgrade page is already a bit cluttered with buttons for owners of various different products. Perhaps the store page or the Doll Shop Deluxe page. I'll find a place and let you know....