New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contact Problems
 Login/Join

posted
Hi!

I just wanted to know if anyone else is having to trouble with communicating with the staff through the e-mail links posted in the Support page.

I have tried to use them countless times without luck.

Thanks for your attention :-)

Posts: 7 | Registered: 12 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it was only me!!!! I have been trying for days to get the activation code for Dress Shop 6 program that I had purchased years ago. Meanwhile, I had changed E-mail address and thought that might have had something to do with it. It would be nice if there would be an actual PERSON YOU COULD TALK TO BY TELEPHONE.
Brigitte

Hi Everybody,

I haven't sewn in quite a while and would like to in itiate Dressshop 6 on my new computer. Have sent E-mails (3) to various addresses but have not received a reply to get the activation codes. My E-mail address has changed since I started with Dressshop. Is there an actual phone number one can call? Would be nice if somebody would help me. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 17 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The email issue is of major importance--when you sign in to your account you use your email address and password.

Please sign in with your old email account - change the email to what you are currently using. We send codes only to registered accounts.

DS support is away for Presidents week with his family.

Please Make sure you are using the correct email address for support- its changed over the years.

Support1@LivingsoftNW.com

also please make sure to enter this address in your addy book so that its not treated as spam by your computer or the ISP.

It takes a long time to bring someone up to the level of training and knowledge to handle support questions. Since Peggy Sue's tragic passing Bob and I decided to handle it ourselves for the foreseeable future.
He does DS and I do MPD support. We both have other duties and cant sit by the phone 7 days a week or there would be no new development.

IF you send me a direct email to patrns4u@aol.com with name/currecnt email address I would be happy to look up your account and send you codes.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought I would jump in here because I had a previous post having problems receiving e-mails and newsletters. The following is how the problem was solved. I hope it helps.
Rena

/quote]

The usual problem with email not getting delivered is a spam blocker somewhere. This particular email is auto-generated and some spam blockers can detect that and block them. There are several possible ways to prevent it:

3. It could be getting blocked further upstream. I use Comcast.net, for instance and if I log onto the comcast web site and hunt up my email account there, I can find settings that that specify what is blocked by them, before it even gets to my computer. You might check with your service provider to make sure their spam filters are not stopping these

Hello Again,
I finally was able to get my husband to look into my problem of not getting newletters and e-mails from livingsoft. As suggested, He called our network provider COX). He logged on to the Cox web site and signed onto our e-mail account there. This is different from where I am use to getting my e-mails delivered through Outlook Express. He was then able to find the setting that specified who or what was blocked. Once he added Livingsoft e-mail addy to the unblock list I was then able to receive e-mails. OH! There was a spam box on this site that had e-mails from Livingsoft and many other's going back for several months. Those having problems receiving activation code I suggest doing this also and seeing if this is your problem.

Thanks for all the help running down the problem.

Be Blessed!
Rena

Posts: 132 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much, Kaaren. I will send you an E-mail for the activation code. I believe that I have now two accounts with Livingsoft. There is probably one for Brigitte and another one for Brigitte1 when I signed up again today.

Hi Everybody,

I haven't sewn in quite a while and would like to in itiate Dressshop 6 on my new computer. Have sent E-mails (3) to various addresses but have not received a reply to get the activation codes. My E-mail address has changed since I started with Dressshop. Is there an actual phone number one can call? Would be nice if somebody would help me. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 17 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post