Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

men's measurements
 Login/Join

posted
I could use some guidance on measuring a male body that has enough 'fluff' that it hangs over and below the belt. He insists on wearing his slacks tucked up under this roll. Do I measure the waist up under the roll? If I place the waist there, do I take the center front measurement from the neck, down over the roll, then up to the chosen waistline? Any suggestions will be appreceiated. TIA Dee

DS Pro v7, MPD Pro v1.07, Win XP Pro, IE 7

Posts: 3 | Location: WA | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could use some guidance on measuring a male body that has enough 'fluff' that it hangs over and below the belt. He insists on wearing his slacks tucked up under this roll. Do I measure the waist up under the roll? If I place the waist there, do I take the center front measurement from the neck, down over the roll, then up to the chosen waistline? Any suggestions will be appreciated. TIA Dee

Take the waist where he wears his pant waist line.if its under the roll slide the tape into the "groove" and measure.

The length of the shirt front is the full measurement and the center front measure is only from from waist to base of the neckline.

The full is whatever is appropriate to cover the "roll" on a vertical measure, the center front is from the outside of the roll where the pant is up to the neck.

You are going to be drafting the shirt longer than waist level down to hip level...this body type isnt into cropped tight knit muscle shirts.ggggg

IF the center front is too short it will show with a very deep low neckline, too long a very tight crawling up the throat neckline..

try one and adjust from the resulting muslin....and for a guy with this build..don't bother with a really fitted shirt,start with a semi fitted garment.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post