New
Find
Notify
Tools

No posts lately
 Login/Join

<Dorothy Rudkin>
posted
I have not been getting any posts lately, my last was February 27th. Is it very quiet?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Dorothy, not sure what others are doing to prevent them from posting but I have been making my parents a quilt and shams, which I want to take to them on the 15th of March. It has 25 embroidered Hummel blocks which take about 3 hours each to stitch out. I have had my nose under more than one needle lately. What have you been up to? Michelle

Dress Shop-7 Pro and MPD Pro Stand Alone

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dorothy long time no see!I hope your all settled in the new place now.
I was thinking the same as you about the list being quiet.I have been busy making a blouse and pants for myself,I am also thinking about making a new quilt sometime.Michelle that sounds wonderful about your quilts,I bet your parents will love the gift from you,hand made/machine gifts are always appreciated I feel.We want pics of that quilt of course too GGG.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Dorothy Rudkin>
posted
Hi Freda, We are as settled as we can be, but I do miss Oshawa. You have been very busy with your sewing but I have not been able to get too much done at all. Getting the place set up and getting to know the city has kept me too busy. I did take a pair of pants apart that did not fit too well and then tinkered with my measurements a little bit, sewed them together again and the fit is perfect. I used MPD fitted pant and I love them.
Michelle, I envy you being able to make quilts, I made a quilted cushion cover in a class some time ago, but I do not have the patience putting all those little pieces together. I have found some nice fabric stores here in Calgary, now all I need is time to sew.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dorothy: Two years ago last November we moved from southern CA to Nowhere, Texas. DH had inherited an old ranch house on a large ranch and we decided to work it. I had purchased my Pfaff 2144 embroidery machine 1 week before moving so I had no class and no CLUE! It was EIGHT MONTHS before I could even open the sewing machine...we had to replace all the windows in the house, have a new septic put in, install heat and air, semi-remodle the kitchen, buy a storage building to store his mother's things that nobody in the family wanted to get rid of, but nobody wanted to keep at their house...grrrrrrr. All I am saying is I FEEL YOUR PAIN. Getting settled in a new place is the pits, no doubt about it. Once I got here (I checked before buying) I found out the Pfaff dealer in the nearby(?) nearest 52 miles away town had gone out of business! Yepp...no dealership, no help, and NO CLUE. I ended up packing up the machine, the laptop and going to visit my parents in El Paso and stopping at the dealership there. They were wonderful and were able to get me going and have been so helpful even over the phone. I finally set up a dedicated sewing room and I can spend all day every day in there, and often do...I have to come out on MOndays and Wednesdays to go to work though...lol! You will get there, it does take time and we sewists are not the most patient people, at least I am not! But I have my empire now and you will too. Quilts are not really my thing...I make one every few years due to the impatience I spoke of earlier. But I love to sew, and I will sew anything and never get tired of it. I won't ever be able to go to a nursing home unless they can have a sewing room for me! Hang in there, it will get better...I promise!

Dress Shop-7 Pro and MPD Pro Stand Alone

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Michelle those are my sentiments exactly! as regards to a nursing home,you made me chuckle with that remark.I must admit since getting DS etc,my quilting has taken a back burner seat lol.I am thinking a need of a new quilt for our bed lately,DH says its fine, we have enough quilts.I have a summer weight one, and a winter weight.Perhaps I shall make a duvet cover for it though.I love to delve into a new project too. Smiler

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post