Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Seam Lines are faint
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seam Lines are faint
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,
After a long absence from using DSPro, Verson 7, I started up the program and attempted to print a pant pattern. The lines on the paper were so faint that I could hardly see them to match up the “markers” on the pattern. However, the measurement page printed dark and clear as well as the text on the pattern.

To try to rectify the problem, I did the following:

I installed a brand new cartridge. The test page printed fine and the measurement page prints fine.

I checked the printer settings and they are NOT on draft mode.

I checked the settings within the DS program and the box marked “dark, bold lines” is checked.

I cannot think of anything else to do, to make the lines come out darker. The program, has not always done this to me, just recently since I started it from a long hiatus.

I once thought that the ink jets in the printer were clogged, but all other print/text is nice and dark. It's just the seam lines on the pattern that are faint.

I did send in a trouble report and the response was that there are no known printing issues.

I also downloaded the latest update.

I want to upgrade to the next level, but right now, I'm seriously considering another program. This isn't working and I've been a DS owner since it first came out in a box....one CD.

Please help. And thank you so much for your consideration.

Posts: 15 | Registered: 21 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well its got to be either the printer or the program settings.

Program settings, file> Settings> set to Bold lines.

Printer settings - so many variables. I do print quick print, black ink only NOT GRAY scale

I have three printer associated with my programs a desk top HP, a desk Top Lexmark all in one, and a wide bed HP with roll feed.

All print similiar lines dark, bold and visible.

I do problem reports on the MPD programs and once the printers and page set ups match, and print bold is selected I dont get repeat reports.

I'm sorry but I really Believe it has to be in the printer configuration or we would be getting multiple reports IF it was a program issue we would be swamped with reports.

Please review Printer Preferences and Print set up margigns top n bottom 0.5 left and right 0.25, quick print is ok ( draft print) black ink only not color.
Color tends to be finer lines and gray scale tends to be quite light.
Good Luck
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well its got to be either the printer or the program settings.

Actually, there is one other possibility. We have often had reports of various different printer problems that one user has had and others have not. In most of those cases, it was an issue with the printer driver. Dress Shop patterns are very large image files consisting of lines rather than photo or art images. Printers handle those differently than text or photo printouts. Upon occasion, the printer driver that ships with the printer does not handle this type of image well. The printer maker gets complaints. They fix their driver and post a free replacement on their web site. It is not practical to recall all the printers that are sitting in stores with a CD enclosed that includes the original driver. So, they continue to sell the older driver that does not work well, trusting that users that need the fix will find it when they need it.

So, try visiting the web site for your printer's manufacturer and get their latest free driver for your printer (they always seem to have updated drivers). Often that helps. If it does not, then you should complain to your printer's manufacturer so they will fix their driver. You will, most likely, have similar problems with any software that drafts image files consisting of lines rather than text or solid areas of color.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally found the answer to my promlem. It was not the printer nor the program settings, It was a print driver conflict between the the DS program and my cooking program. I am now up and working fine. Thank you for your ideas. Maybe someone else will benefit from my expense.

posted Hide Post
Wow! I'm impressed that you figured out something so obscure by yourself. I don't think the "experts" could have. Way to go!
Cool

Carol

MPD Pro DS Pro 7.02, Pattern Library (1-14 & up through 1046), FD1&2, UP, UO, Hat Shop, Doll Shop Deluxe, Princess Designer, Fit Tool, illusions, Hat shop, Spring & Summer 2005, Activewear II Windows XP, IE 6 CanonS520 Men's Essentials

Posts: 59 | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh no, I'm not that smart. I can sew a straight seam, but not fix a computer. This cost me a lot to solve. But, one of the suggestions was to look into the printer drivers, which lead me to believe there was something else involved.