Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Men's Wear Question....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Men's Wear Question....
 Login/Join

posted
I was wondering if there are any new instructions regarding measuring men for the men's wear collection? Thanks!

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes! OODLES,see the Help>Help Index select mens wear with the file preview on.
from belt loops to fly zippers all illustrated with photos and graphics.

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was wondering too.
With mens wear preview selected, I can find Help-Help Index but there it stops . No mens wear.
I get 4 possibilities:
General Dress Shop Help
Help With Dress Shop Tools
Glossary of sewing terms
Help on Marking, Measuring, and Fit Adjustment.

I have no problems previewing-but help file seems to be lost in cyberspace-

Posts: 10 | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I mis informed you all. The Help files become active when the collection is activated.

There is a general help menu, and a menu for each of the following collections:
Illusions
Active Wear
Summer Quick Sew
Spring Summer 2005
Mens Collection
Princess tool
totalling 38 illustrated articles.

Articles range from how to make a boxer to inserting various zippers, How to do a tab front, insert elastic in swim wear,how to make a shawl collar and much much more.

Articles are by staff and testers including:
Nancy Nason
Evelyn Bunbury
Janet Dean
Bonnie Triola
Luz Pearson
Bobbi Jo Nichols
and myself.

and Oh am I gonna get in trouble...brain has gone on holiday.

These talented ladies have devoted umpteen hours to make samples and take photos so you get wonderful step by step instructions.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was wondering too.
With mens wear preview selected, I can find Help-Help Index but there it stops . No mens wear.
I get 4 possibilities:
General Dress Shop Help
Help With Dress Shop Tools
Glossary of sewing terms
Help on Marking, Measuring, and Fit Adjustment.

I have no problems previewing-but help file seems to be lost in cyberspace-

When previews were first established, there were no product specific help articles. At that time, the preview function permitted viewing all features of any product except saving the patterns or printing the patterns.

Later, when the custom articles associated with a particular product began appearing (at great effort by both those that prepared it, those that edited it, those that formatted it to fit within Dress Shop, and those that tested it as a part of the product), these were setup to be viewable if you purchase, but not if you preview.

Sorry, but that was intentional. There are plenty of articles that you can see and we do provide a list of topics with each new product.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a question/problem with outerwear- coats--the difficulty does not seem to change with the menswear program. Using standard sizes Mens 50 and Womens 16, the coat sleeves draft with a very high cap (overcoat 10",raincoat 10", topcoat 9"), and a very short distance from the bottom of the cap to the elbow (3" for raincoat, overcoat, topcoat men, and 4" for women). On my 4'11" pumpkin shaped body, the cap is reduces to 7-8 1/2", but the distance to elbow remains at 4". This proportion looks very odd on the screen. I suspect few people have tried to use these patterns, as I have not seen any complaints about them.
I would also like the option of a two piece sleeve for coats.
(I'm making a Civil War overcoat with cape for a friend, and would like to use DS for fit and the commercial pattern for details).

Diane in Central Virginia
Computer Aided Threads
Livingsoft and Electric Quilt
Educator

Posts: 39 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The few casual coats we have in men's wear have quite deep arm holes thus the very high sleeve caps...

We dotn have mens wear formal coats like top coats in as they will be reserved for when we can do the necessary interfacings and other elements needed to support them.

Whehn I view the womans coats such as top coats I get a cap height of 7.25 with a front arm hole depth of a little oevr 8. There is also a significant shoulder extension.

Bicep ease is set to 5 inches in my chart.

Im not sure where the 2 piece sleeve went.it should be there and will return.

Consider that reported

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
Whats the addon 14 please?I have the other pattn sets,curious about the 14 one.TIA. Smiler

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whats the addon 14 please?I have the other pattn sets,curious about the 14 one.TIA.
quote:

Back when they were selling pattern sets 1-13, if you bought and paid for the set before it was all published, 14 (menswear) was a lagniappe.

Linda

Posts: 5 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A very early pattern set incorporated in PS 1012/1013
K

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
Thank you for clearing that up for me,I thought I missed out on something here lmao. Big Grin

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whats the addon 14 please?I have the other pattn sets,curious about the 14 one.TIA.

It is a long since discontinued grouping of patterns. A few of those patterns were discontinued. The ones worth keeping were moved into the present pattern packets.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Add on 14 is/was Menswear. It was a pattern set like all the others and could be purchased like sets 1 - 13. I bought it though I could never find a set of standard measurments that Matched my tall, relatively slim Australian Husband. When finances permit I hope to purchase the new men's wear and do a full 57 measure on him. It was another good example that different countries have different standard sizes.

DS 7 Standard
Addons 3, 5,9,10 & 14
Sets 1008,1019,1032,1045 & 1052
MPD Pro 1.04
Home Dec Sampler

Posts: 13 | Location: Melbourne,Australia | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A GREAT deal of effort went in to reworking the standards in the new mens collection that will apply to those that have add on 14, pattern set 1012/1013.

and

standards are much easier to "ammend" where needed for different body shapes and sizes.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
Sorry, I mis informed you all. The Help files become active when the collection is activated.

There is a general help menu, and a menu for each of the following collections:
Illusions
Active Wear
Summer Quick Sew
Spring Summer 2005
Mens Collection
Princess tool
totalling 38 illustrated articles.

Articles range from how to make a boxer to inserting various zippers, How to do a tab front, insert elastic in swim wear,how to make a shawl collar and much much more.

Articles are by staff and testers including:
Nancy Nason
Evelyn Bunbury
Janet Dean
Bonnie Triola
Luz Pearson
Bobbi Jo Nichols
and myself.

and Oh am I gonna get in trouble...brain has gone on holiday.

These talented ladies have devoted umpteen hours to make samples and take photos so you get wonderful step by step instructions.

Kaaren

Would it be unreasonable to ask that these help files also be accessible if we own the old Add-on 14 (Menswear) and/or Dress Shop Pro? One of the selling points of Pro was that it included Mens sizing charts -- and I would like to be able to select "Man" as well as Doll or Woman on the full chart.

Just curious if those options will be made available.

I am also curious why the zipper help files (esp. the centered, lapped, and invisible) are now available with Menswear Collection when those zippers are used all the time in Women's wear. I can understand the fly front but really that's a unisex application as well.

DSPro 6.14 (w/patch a) ... Fashion Designer 1&2, Fit Tool, Princess Designer
Activewear II, Spring/Summer 2005, Illusions, Ultimate Outerwear, Ultimate Pants
Add-Ons 1-14, Pattern Sets 1044-46, 1049-52
Windows XP

Posts: 126 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post