New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ds update question
 Login/Join

posted
Hi Bob Kaaren

I am going to upgrade to DS 7. when I add to cart the $499 price will automatically be deducted from what I own. Is this right. thanks laurra

Posts: 104 | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The actual upgrade price depends on what you currently own. There is a price scale depending on IF you own anything, what that program and version number is and what tools you all ready own.

if you own DSPRO6 with all the tools your upgrade price is $30.00

if you own DSstd 5 and no tools You will pay the listed version 5 to 7 and the program std to pro price.

Nake sure you are signed into your account so the store can read what you own and the computation will be made for you. IF you feel its missing something you own do call the 800# for asistance.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Kaaren
I go to upgrade page, compare,add to cart.I then sign in but no price reduction? Am i supposed to sign in before adding to cart?
laurra

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I go to upgrade page, compare,add to cart.I then sign in but no price reduction? Am i supposed to sign in before adding to cart?

It should work either way. The problem in your case appears to be that you own the Dress Shop Ultimate Suite. The online shopping cart figures out the proper discount if you own Dress Shop 6 Basic, Standard, Deluxe, or Pro. But, it appears to not be handling the Dress Shop Ultimate Suite (which includes Pro, of course).

I have added Dress Shop 6 Pro to your account and the cart seems to working better now. It does not change what you own, just lists the Pro product separately. I'll also get the web store programmer to add more cases to the discounts. Always a few more possibilities...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanku for the quick fix guys I have my key code.
I enter the code and it excepts and tells me i have dress shop pro but does not update to dress shop 7 on screen it stays at 6.18. Do I need to wait awhile.

Could be on my end I was playing around with updates I hope i didnt botch things up for me
laura

posted Hide Post
Did you download and install the latest update?
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
thanku for the quick fix guys I have my key code.
I enter the code and it excepts and tells me i have dress shop pro but does not update to dress shop 7 on screen it stays at 6.18. Do I need to wait awhile.

Activations should work the instant a purchase is recorded. I checked your account and it shows Dress Shop 7 there. There should only be two other steps:

1. Install the latest update. I was not certain you had done this as I forgot to ask. But, you do need to do that first.

2. Get the activation code entered. Sounds like you entered the code manually. If so, try the auto-code fetch. Run Dress Shop, select Help - On the Web - Get My Activation Codes. That will fetch the codes from the Livingsoft web site and enter them automatically.

If for any reason those two steps don't do the trick, please send in a problem report. It will include all activation codes ever entered plus your settings, version number, etc. If there is something else wrong, we should be able to spot it from the report.

Luck...

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanku!!!!!!!
My DS Pro-7 is up and running I had not updated to 7.00 . Looks like alot of changes. I did notice my chart needs to be reworked alittle after the update. laura

posted Hide Post
(QUOTE)I did notice my chart needs to be reworked alittle after the update. laura

Mind if I ask why you think your charts may need reworked. Are the patterns drafting differently in the update?

TIA,
Rena

Posts: 75 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have my DS 7 code. I downloaded a whole version and ran it, now it says that I have DS 6.19, I added my code it says it is invalid. I downloaded the smaller update and ran it. I added the code again and it still says that I have version 6.19 with an invalid code.

Where would I find the actual DS 7 download please?

Sandy Erickson
platinum member

Posts: 2 | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mind if I ask why you think your charts may need reworked. Are the patterns drafting differently in the update

No changes were made to fit code.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
Livingsoftnw.com > downloads.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have my DS 7 code. I downloaded a whole version and ran it, now it says that I have DS 6.19, I added my code it says it is invalid. I downloaded the smaller update and ran it. I added the code again and it still says that I have version 6.19 with an invalid code.

Where would I find the actual DS 7 download please?

If you are seeing version number 6.19, then you have successfully installed the latest version, which includes version 7.00 as well.

The problem you are having is successfully entering your activation code. The manual code entry for the DS7 activation is not detecting that activation code properly. But, the automatic code entry is working properly. Try using the Help - On The Web - Get My Activation Codes feature to enter your codes automatically. No code typing required.

We'll get the manual code entry corrected as soon as possible. Thanks for pointing out the problem...

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
The problem you are having is successfully entering your activation code. The manual code entry for the DS7 activation is not detecting that activation code properly. But, the automatic code entry is working properly. Try using the Help - On The Web - Get My Activation Codes feature to enter your codes automatically. No code typing required.

I checked this further and had a couple of additional thoughts to add to this note. First, when I repeated the test, entering Sandy's activation code manually into DS7, it was detected properly this time. My prior attempt may have been mis-typed, or copied with the dash character included or something similar.

But, DS7 does detect hand entered codes properly. The advice I offered, though, would be the same. Use the automatic code entry feature and no typing is involved at all. Simpler (as long as the Internet is cooperating) and more reliable.

Sorry I mis-stated the problem...