Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    No shoulder dart in 6.16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No shoulder dart in 6.16
 Login/Join

posted
I have the Family version of 6.16. I can no longer get a shoulder dart under options in the fitted shirt (or anything. Also, when I switch to side plus one waist dart, my waist dart is much skinnier than before. Does anyone else see this?

Posts: 6 | Registered: 16 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The total darting is a function of what the difference from waist to bust is.

If you had NO waist dart and a big side dart you wotn get the same size waist dart when you use up some of that darting in the side darts.....

I can select a shoulder dart on any pattern that permits them using the DART tool.

If you can not elect them using the dart tool please contact support@livingsoftnw.com for assistance.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have the Family version of 6.16. I can no longer get a shoulder dart under options in the fitted shirt (or anything. Also, when I switch to side plus one waist dart, my waist dart is much skinnier than before. Does anyone else see this?

The problem with the shoulder dart was reported and a patch was prepared that corrects it. You can get the patch at:

DS6.16 patch

The update is being revised to include this change, but the patch is smaller and is available now.

I don't know about any issues with the bust darts, so we'll have to see what others think about that one...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can select a shoulder dart on any pattern that permits them using the DART tool.

If you can not elect them using the dart tool please contact support@livingsoftnw.com for assistance.

The dart tool worked. Some users do not have the dart tool. Their option (shoulder dart width setting in the Options dialog) did not work. They would need the patch or corrected update.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
Linda,

I can get a shoulder dart.

I do see the waist dart situation that you describe.

Kaaren, you said,
quote:
The total darting is a function of what the difference from waist to bust is.

I don't understand that in light of what we are seeing. If the side dart does not change, what is the logic for having narrower waist darts when one waist dart is chosen?

I can understand the darts being the same width or wider, but not narrower.

I was grappling with the same problem myself earlier today and found that I needed to manually change the dart width when I selected one waist dart.

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob, I'll download the patch to put back in the shoulder dart. Please look at the fitted shirt. By default it is one side and two waist darts. When I change to one side and one waist dart, the waist dart should get bigger to equal the width of the two darts, instead I get one really small dart. This alters the fit. Since you want to know what others think, I am encouraging users to voice their opinion and experience with this.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't understand that in light of what we are seeing. If the side dart does not change, what is the logic for having narrower waist darts when one waist dart is chosen?

No logic to that. Having one dart selected should always produce a wider dart than when you have two waist darts selected.

I just got Linda's problem report on this and with her measurements to use, the problem is clear. With 2 waist darts, she is getting darts that are about 1 1/4" wide, for a total intake of 2 1/2" per side in the front. Switching to a single dart, that would be wider than Dress Shop allows a dart to get. Fat darts make puckers around the dart.

So, the single waist dart ran into that limit. But, that should not have made it smaller. It should have just stuck at the limit.

I'm looking at this now. Something is not right and we'll get it tracked down and corrected.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks Bob, I'll download the patch to put back in the shoulder dart. Please look at the fitted shirt. By default it is one side and two waist darts. When I change to one side and one waist dart, the waist dart should get bigger to equal the width of the two darts, instead I get one really small dart. This alters the fit. Since you want to know what others think, I am encouraging users to voice their opinion and experience with this.

Got your report. You're quite right and I'm working on it now. More soon...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
For those of you who have Family DS, I have tested patch 6.16a and all the darts are working OK again. Thanks Bob for your prompt help.

posted Hide Post
quote:
For those of you who have Family DS, I have tested patch 6.16a and all the darts are working OK again. Thanks Bob for your prompt help.

Before the questions start getting posted, Linda is referring to a patch I posted at:

DS6.16 patch

I was not going to announce this one till we were relatively sure there were no other issues with the latest update. But, the patch has been confirmed by several people and the fixes in it are worthwhile. If you are not in a hurry for these changes, I would suggest waiting a few more days in case there is anything else. But, patches are small and quick installs and you can take this one if you like.

The changes included are:

1. Garments that should default to a back shoulder dart (bodice, fitted blazer, a few others) did not get that dart.

2. Adding a back shoulder dart using the shoulder dart width setting in the Options menu would not work.

3. A single waist dart in a fitted blouse or dress was being limited to 3/4", rather than the intended 1.5". Double waist darts were correctly limited to 1.5" each. So, switching from 2 waist darts to one reduced total waist dart intake from 3" per side to 3/4" per side. Not right.

4. The pants waist options menu could go off-screen on lower resolution displays.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)