Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"View" page
 Login/Join

posted
I hope I am doing this right. First time I have posted here.
I sent a problem report in last week and have never received anything back.

I have a question about viewing a pattern layout. Making sure I am doing it correct.

I have drafted a fitted shell. Short sleeves. Button front. I have made the opening in front to be slanted instead of straight down the front. This makes the right and left pieces different.

When I go to view the pattern, if I have the fabric folded, only the back and sleeve pieces show up. If I unfold the fabric, the front two pieces show up. But it tells me I only need a little over one yard to make the blouse. I know it is more of 2-3 yards.

What am I doing that I can't get it to show the correct amount of fabric?

Is there a way for the two front pieces to be separated in the drawing? They are always together.

Hope this is clear.

shirley

Posts: 23 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posted 01 September 2006 07:24 AM
I hope I am doing this right. First time I have posted here.
I sent a problem report in last week and have never received anything back.

I have a question about viewing a pattern layout. Making sure I am doing it correct.

I have drafted a fitted shell. Short sleeves. Button front. I have made the opening in front to be slanted instead of straight down the front. This makes the right and left pieces different.

When I go to view the pattern, if I have the fabric folded, only the back and sleeve pieces show up. If I unfold the fabric, the front two pieces show up. But it tells me I only need a little over one yard to make the blouse. I know it is more of 2-3 yards.

What am I doing that I can't get it to show the correct amount of fabric?

Is there a way for the two front pieces to be separated in the drawing? They are always together.

The blouse with an assymetric closure will provide the two front pieces and you will more than likely need to have the fabric in the layout guide also read "unfolded".

all pieces must be fully "on" the fabric rectangle the upper long edge is the fold line and bolder than the other liens of the rectangle.

you have the option of having the fabric on the fold for the back and sleeve. Read the yardage required, then unfold for just the fronts. add to the back number of yards for a total.

If you elect unfolded for all pieces you would then also need to "copy the back" so you have two backs, and copy the sleeve for two sleeves in the flay "single lay" out.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post