Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with doll shop
 Login/Join

posted
I thought I got doll shop with my dress shop. I can't find it. How do I locate it? I have the latest and have had since 2.0.
Beverly
Texas

Posts: 7 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I thought I got doll shop with my dress shop. I can't find it. How do I locate it? I have the latest and have had since 2.0.

You have indeed owned every version of Dress Shop since DS 2. But, you have never owned Doll Shop Deluxe. That has always been a separate product. If you purchase it, your Dress Shop program will include a number of additional options including some doll measurement sets as well as a variety of patterns for making dolls of various sizes and with faces that can match the child it is intended for.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But it did contain a few doll measurements, like american girl & my twinn. What happened to them?

Posts: 7 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
But it did contain a few doll measurements, like american girl & my twinn. What happened to them?

Those were an early, preliminary or demo form of what later evolved into Doll Shop Deluxe. They did not work well enough on their own, so were discontinued after Doll Shop Deluxe was completed...

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am thrilled to hear that my files will transfer to where I can use them in the next update. Right now I can't use the program because when I try to load a pattern I am sent to a window that says there is nothing in there. I found everything in the PF 86 file but dint know how to get everything in the correct place. With my lack of knowledge, I am afraid to try to move anything! I have recently lost 22 lbs and am anxious to make something new!!
Kelly

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I realize that doll measurements can be tricky--but does anyone have any numbers the the American Girl Bitty Baby? I would like to make coordinating
nightgowns for my grandaughters, one of whom has Bitty Baby and the other has the American Girl doll.

Diane in Central Virginia
Computer Aided Threads
Livingsoft and Electric Quilt
Educator

Posts: 39 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I realize that doll measurements can be tricky--but does anyone have any numbers the the American Girl Bitty Baby? I would like to make coordinating nightgowns for my grandaughters, one of whom has Bitty Baby and the other has the American Girl doll.

I did a quick web search for Bitty Baby doll measurements and found the page below. It has enough decent data to work from. Start by loading a standard American Girl doll chart. Then use "Size - Easy Doll Chart". Rescale what you have to 16" height. Then, use the chart below to adjust bust, waist, hip, etc. as best you can. The terminology of some of their measurements differs slightly from the Dress Shop / Doll Deluxe measurement names, but they're mostly guessable and you do not need a perfect chart to make nightgowns.

Hope that helps....

http://www.knitting-and.com/kn.../tips/doll-sizes.htm

posted Hide Post
Thank you--that is exactly what I was looking for.

Diane in Central Virginia
Computer Aided Threads
Livingsoft and Electric Quilt
Educator

Posts: 39 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post