Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Comments please on using with iMac Virtual PC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comments please on using with iMac Virtual PC
 Login/Join

posted
Can anyone comment on how well (or not) Dress Shop works on an Apple iMac running Virtual PC software? I know it's not designed to run that way.
I have to decide whether to upgrade my whole PC and operating system, or to do everything on an existing iMac after getting Virtual PC for Dress Shop. Currently I have DS5 Adv 5.21, Illusions & Fit Tool running OK with Win98 2ndEd, IE6.0, hp photosmart 7550. My program is on a separate hard drive. The iMac runs Mac OS X 10.2.8, has an additional external hard drive, and uses the same printer.
I would want to run a higher version of Dress Shop some time in the future.
Christine in Melbourne, Australia.

Posts: 11 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 14 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a Mac user too, and I tried Dress Shop on Virtual PC. Virtual PC is SSLLLOOOWWW, and every time I tried to print from DS it would crash. Phooey on that! I finally decided to take the Virtual PC back and just get a PC. (My sewing machine & knitting machine software run on it too) That way I still love my Mac, and Dress Shop works the way it should. Best of both worlds.

Kathy Warner

Posts: 81 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ohh Kathy, I thought I was the only one happily sending and receiving email on my mac. I also do graphic work on it with Photoshop and an older program I used to use for work called Quark. But I like the way it works for lots of things.
It is sure nice to also have a PC to run programs that the Mac is not compatible with. So I live in the best of all worlds.
Duckie

DS Pro 6.13 --
with everything,
Hat Shop,
Home Dec,
IE 6.0.2800,
Win XP SP1,
HP Deskjet 6800 wireless

Posts: 34 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
<VBG> yipee! more Mac users. I bought an inexpensive IBM clone several years ago just for my embroidery machine. Now it runs DS too.
another happy Mac user.
Smiler
since we're on this topic ..... Bob is there a way for me to send a problem report from my Mac. I don't take my "IBM" on the internet.

MPD Pro DS Pro 7.02, Pattern Library (1-14 & up through 1046), FD1&2, UP, UO, Hat Shop, Doll Shop Deluxe, Princess Designer, Fit Tool, illusions, Hat shop, Spring & Summer 2005, Activewear II Windows XP, IE 6 CanonS520 Men's Essentials

Posts: 59 | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post