Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    saved patterns and future drafting
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

saved patterns and future drafting
 Login/Join

<Liz C>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Carolyn:
I have Office, but don't know how to print to the Image Writer. Can you tell us how this is done?

Does something have to be set up first?

Truth is I can't remember how I got started with it, I think it just appeared in the list of printers - I have Office XP(2003) I don't know if it included in earlier versions.
I also have an option 'Microsoft Office Document Imaging" under Start/Programs/Microsoft Office/Microsoft Office Tools which you could check out.

I've had a couple of private replies to this topic and we're trying to track it down. I'll post any progress we make.

quote:

Does it print the same size as the original?
Confused Confused
(I know, lots of questions.)

It does provided you set the option to pint actual size.

Cheers,
Liz
P.S. I am on holiday from Saturday for a fortnight so posts from me on the subject will run dry, but if we haven't cracked it before then I'll pick it up when I come back.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linda in VA:
I wasn't saving my paper patterns since I could always print another one. Guess it's time to create a storage system that works for me.

Same here,but now I am starting to save my newest ones that have been sucessful,I took it for granted, that all my patterns would be the same for me.Plus a learning curve again, on what to check in pattern preps. Smiler

Gayle, I started using a "system" that is working very well for me. I take each pattern piece and punch a hole near the top (centerish). On larger pieces, I fold them in half once first and then punch my hole. At Joann's I bought a pack of gold quilter's pins. (Yes, regular big safety pins would work, but the gold is a little smile to me, plus they're large and sturdy.) I place the pattern pieces on the safety pin (through the holes) with a copy of the stapled pattern summary and 25% scales (all with a hole punched near the top) as the last item before I close the pin. Then I use the nice clean white wire hangers that my husband's shirts come back from the dry cleaners on. I slip the large gold safety pin over the top of the wire hanger and the pattern is all set to store. Doesn't take up much space and when I want to use a pattern, it's really easy to slip the pin off the hanger and have all the pieces together. As I use them to cut a new garment, I slip them back on the gold pin. HTH Cool

Linda in VA[/QUOTE]

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post