Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saddle Shoulder ???
 Login/Join

posted
Looking back to some posts in July there was talk about being able to make a saddle shoulder. Is this available yet - and if so how do you make it?

Thank you

Fiona

Posts: 9 | Location: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\shelby on table for avatar | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think what you are remembering is something that came out with the Men's Essential Collection. The men's dress shirts in that collection have a saddle shoulder (back yoke that extends over the shoulder to the front).

I don't believe that is available anywhere else.

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A true saddle shoulder or saddle sleeve is similar to a raglan where the cap of the sleeve extends along the shoulder to the neckline in an even width strip (unlike the raglan which tapers from the armhole notches to neck). It gives an epaulette effect.

Dress Shop does not have a saddle shoulder.

quote:
Originally posted by Carolyn:
The men's dress shirts in that collection have a saddle shoulder (back yoke that extends over the shoulder to the front).

This men's shirt yoke was initially called a saddle yoke in testing but on request was renamed to a Classic Yoke for the actual release.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The saddle shoulder also known as the classic yoke was released with the mens wear package. Instructions are included in the Help File and activated with the collection.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have just purchased and played with MPD and guess what, I now have the saddle shoulder. I imported my favourite crew neck t from Dress Shop and using the 'options' button in MPD I chose 'Yokes" and the 'classic' type. Heh presto a saddle shoulder and I didn't have to purchase this 'new' design as I had imported it from Dress Shop.

Love the MPD - keep up the good work.

Fiona

Posts: 9 | Location: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\shelby on table for avatar | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post