Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Things to consider for the future
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Things to consider for the future
 Login/Join

posted
I do a lot of work for sisters and other family members who live elsewhere in the world. They describe, usually poorly, what they want and I try to create it. Sometimes there is a huge difference. I would like to be able to copy the Mia image of what I have designed so that I can send to the relative with the "Is this what you mean?" question. I would also like to be able to put a copy of the picture on the envelope I have stored the pattern in because it would save me time when I need to backtrack and create a second or third of something.

My only complaint with DS8 so far is the buttons that change the colors and such on Mia. Would you make them a bit larger and put a label on them? I'm sure that I'm not the only user wearing trifocal glasses.

Thanks
Mr. Pat

Posts: 113 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This reminds me of something I would like to see in the future.

When you display the whole measurement chart, I would like to see the options which display at the bottom such as save, etc. to display on the top instead. It would not be necessary then to scroll to the bottom if it isn't needed otherwise.

Sandi

DressShop Pro 7.02a, MPD Pro 3 Version 3.01, Unlimited Womens Collection, Complete Pants Designer, Fashion Designer I & II, Fit Tool, Princess Designer, Ultimate Pants, Essential Lingerie, Ultimate Outerwear, Spring and Summer Collection 2005, Sew Quick Summer Casuals, Hat Shop, Home Dec, EPSON Workforce 1100 wide bed printer, Windows Vista and Windows 7

Posts: 58 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
My only complaint with DS8 so far is the buttons that change the colors and such on Mia. Would you make them a bit larger and put a label on them? I'm sure that I'm not the only user wearing trifocal glasses.

Good suggestion. I'll do that with the first update and try to add some way to print Mia as well. You can print her from the pattern summary, but it is a smaller image. We'll do something better.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
When you display the whole measurement chart, I would like to see the options which display at the bottom such as save, etc. to display on the top instead. It would not be necessary then to scroll to the bottom if it isn't needed otherwise.

I have forgotten that the complete chart has ever hard to scroll. I don't object to this change, but I long ago changed my display resolution to 1280 by 1024 and you can get som much more on the screen that I would never consider anything less. The complete chart, for instance, is always fully on screen and there is no scrolling at all. Patterns are larger and more detailed, the big tools can display with a pattern next to them so you can see both your settings AND the pattern changes are you select them. So, while I do not mind doubling up the buttons, a way better solution is a higher resolution display. Just MHO of course...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi. you actually have some of that capability right now. Go to options, Summary and print the summary- Mia is dressed in the basic garmernt you have selected, not with your mods- such as lengthj changes but with the basic selections.

I also use a screen capture program called snag-it there are many on the market- some free where you can catrpure all or aprt of the screen and then crop or comment on the section your captured.

Most keyboard allow a full screen capture by pressing alt+prnt screen. Some key boards allow an F# setting to screen capture.
rthwen past it using Ctrl+V into email or a word type program to print and save or a paint type program to modify.

Kaaren

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pat, maybe you can do a print screen and get what you want. If not, I use an awesome program, callded SNAG-it. It has so many features, is very reasonable and I've used it for many years. It is awesome and I use it multiple times a day.

k

Posts: 203 | Location: mailto:kaydavid@verizon.net | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Karen and Kay
I know about all of the tricks for getting screen prints and such. I also do a lot of photo retouching and editing. These are not always the best way to to go about something because of loss of resolution when the image is printed. This can happen when the image is edited also. I'm also super busy most of the time and the fewer things I have to do to get a decent image would be very welcome.

Thanks
Mr. Pat

Posts: 113 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post