Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A real outfit!
 Login/Join

posted
I just posted a new pic of DGD in her new outfit, and the first real garment for me from DS.
It is in DS projects - Dresses day wear in the Club forum.
I used a basic shell blouse, modified the length, and a couple of other things that my poor tired brain isn't cabable of remembering right now. The armholes and neckline are bound in self fabric bias binding cut to 1 1/4" w. Front buttoned with 5 b/bh. The fabric is SV eyelet with pink and white embroidered eyelets
I used the 4 tier skirt pattern. I didn't print out the pattern for the skirt. I just counted the graph squares and then just used my large rule and rotary cutter to cut the panels.
I stitched it up on the serger with a gathering foot, gathered and stitched to the adjoining tier all at the same time. It went really quick and was a hit, I might add.

DS6.092 Standard
Fashion Designer 1
Dress Shop Essential Patterns for Girls

Posts: 21 | Location: Stranded at Grand Lake in NE Okla. | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Adoreable..really honestly do all DS users have the cutest kids in the world?

Child and dress look great!

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kaaren! They are making them cuter now days Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
Adoreable..really honestly do all DS users have the cutest kids in the world?

Child and dress look great!

Kaaren

DS6.092 Standard
Fashion Designer 1

Posts: 21 | Location: Stranded at Grand Lake in NE Okla. | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Luz>
posted
Darling outfit and doesn't she looked pleased as punch! What a memorable way to spend your time together! Luz

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Luz, I had trouble keeping her out of it till bible school this week. She loved it.

quote:
Originally posted by Luz:
Darling outfit and doesn't she looked pleased as punch! What a memorable way to spend your time together! Luz

DS6.092 Standard
Fashion Designer 1