Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Men's collection
 Login/Join

posted
I do not do any sewing for men but was wondering if there is anything in the collection that I could use for myself.

Edie

Posts: 11 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good Morning,
If you purchase mens, you can use the elements:

Such as the Tab front closures ( 2 of them), the attached fly with shield(facing), the inserted pocket designs, the welt hip pocket, the classic shirt yoke ( back yoke with 1 inch towards front) .

You can take a "man style" pattern and refit it to a womans measurements.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Edie,

I was a tester for this line. I think that the men's dress shirt and men's tapered shirt could be made into an overblouse for woman. It will have no dart, but the looser fit will work for that the style of overblouse.

Also there are overalls in this collection. Where I live in the NE, overalls are still a fashion favorite. And although they are not my style, I think those could be made for women also. The men's pant's crotch extensions are drafted differently than the woman's, so it will require you to make a sloper pant before you venture into making men's pants for yourself, so keep that in mind if choosing men's pants.
I also liked the men's pj top and bottom that could be made for a women also. And there are windbreaker jackets that could work also.
HTH,
Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do not do any sewing for men but was wondering if there is anything in the collection that I could use for myself.

Absolutely! If you own The Men's Collection, every one of the new features is available to all of your women's patterns, too. The classic yoke (no shoulder line - yoke piece extends an inch down in front and 3" in back) is one good example.

You can make your own Polo and Henley style shirts out of any Dress Shop pattern, using the new tabbed plackets. The tailored waistband can be added to any of the pants. The welt pocket, hip pocket, coin pocket, and inserted pocket (cutaway style) are all available for any pattern you care to use them with.

And, while the patterns all sit in a folder labeled men's wear, there are some there that women have long asked for and prefer the fit of for themselves. Men's pajama shirt or camp shirt are good examples of a man's pattern that many women choose for themselves at times.

The new coverall and overall patterns are for anyone. I'm sure there are others, but you should check the pattern list yourself and see what appeals.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Classic yoke? Yippee! When I get done sewing my flannel stash into fast quilts I'll be right there!

Kathy Warner

Posts: 81 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quick question. What do I need to do to get the additional $20 off since I have the library/suite including pattern packs 1001-1044?

It is just showing up with the 20% discount when I add it to my shopping cart.

Thanks, Vicki

MPD Pro 4.00a, DS 9.09a, Win 7, IE10, HP Deskjet 7000 & Officejet Pro K8600

Posts: 208 | Location: in Texas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It should pick up what you won from "my accoutn" and apply it automatcially.
The programmer inc harge of that says its fixed.
Thanks for letting us know.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
It should pick up what you won from "my accoutn" and apply it automatcially.
The programmer inc harge of that says its fixed.
Thanks for letting us know.
Kaaren

They're right. It is fixed! It even went in and recalculated it in my shopping cart.

Vicki

MPD Pro 4.00a, DS 9.09a, Win 7, IE10, HP Deskjet 7000 & Officejet Pro K8600

Posts: 208 | Location: in Texas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post