Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    2008 winter collection
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2008 winter collection
 Login/Join

posted
Board Administrator
Posted 03 January 2008 11:04 PM
New Year - New Update - New Product - New Patterns!

New from Livingsoft: The Dress Shop Winter 2008 Collection

The season's hottest new fashion designs - now available in your custom-fit!

Announcing 26 new fashionable patterns for your MPD program, the Winter 2008 Season collection.

So is this the winter collection for MPD of for Dress Shop? It looks like you recycled the announcement for MPD 2008 collection to announce Dress Shop 2008 collection. Does this mean the patterns are the exact same collection, just with the different drafting engines?

Posts: 5 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Almost all the patterns are similiar- one exception is a cute cape which is great to throw on to go get the mail or even indoors whille watchign tv in the evening.and there are 2 girls nighties instead of 1 to be found in View Girls patterns, loungewear.

The differences between drafts are the differences due to the drafting engines. But most of the styles are similiar- first designed in MPD then redesigned in DS. FOR DS owners there are new features such as working yokes on skirts, the hoodie hood, a 4 panel skirt, and very improved raglan garments. ( To change from regular darted raglan sleeve to a stretch undarted raglan sleeve enter 1 percent horizontal stretch factor - which is moot to the fit but triggers the undarted sleeve.)

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If we download the new update will it change the fit of any other patterns we have in DressShop? Example: I have the Stretch Raglan Blouse pattern. Will it change the fit of it?
Thanks, Rena

Posts: 75 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forgot to add that I like to keep up with the latest updates, but don't want to mess with the fit I have unless it is an improvement.
Thanks Again, Rena

Posts: 75 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It wont change the fit levels you select but will improve the shape of the raglan line from shoulder to underarm and the sleeve line from shoulder to underarm.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Question--where is the update for the people who had the lifetime packages?

Posts: 10 | Location: Far West | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

There is only the one update, on the Livingsoft downloads page. If you are asking about the activation codes that get sent to lifetime membership owners, those always go out a day or so (business days, not weekends) after an update is released. Our limited support staff has to hand process those and they are always swamped the day of a new release. Activations should go out on Monday...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FabricFreak:

All Livingsoft Lifetime Membership owners should now have activation codes in their accounts for the Winter 2008 Collection. A few membership owners have old email addresses in their Livingsoft customer accounts. The notices sent to those individuals have bounced and we do not have alternate email addresses to send notifications to unless you update your account.

But, whether you received a direct notification or not, you may activate your new product by first installing the latest Dress Shop 7.01 update, then using "Help - On The Web - Get My Activation Codes".

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am one of the lifetime members. I am missing activation codes for the new set and also a couple of the others as well. I went to the website and looked at my account and it isn't there either. Thank you. Ellen Lucas

Posts: 1 | Registered: 11 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am one of the lifetime members. I am missing activation codes for the new set and also a couple of the others as well. I went to the website and looked at my account and it isn't there either. Thank you

As far as I can tell, all Dress Shop patterns, features, tools, and current products are activated using your account information. Confusion may occur because over the years, some of the older or smaller collections were combined into a shorter list of new collections. Essential Activewear and Activewear II were combined into the current Ultimate Activewear, for instance. Spring 2005 and Spring 2006 were combined into the current Spring and Summer Fashions. There are many other examples.

But, no patterns were dropped and you should have every collection that currently exists. To be certain, follow these 3 steps:

1. Use the auto-activate feature to enter all your current activation codes (Help - On The Web - Get My Activation Codes).

2. After you rerun with the new codes, go to File - Settings and make sure you have checked the option for "Show not-yet-enabled patterns in menu for previewing". This will cause every pattern in Dress Shop to appear in the menus. Those that are not activated will show "greyed out".

3. Now, look in the Patterns menu and see if anything is greyed out. Current lifetime members should find none.

If you can find any pattern that is actually missing, let us know which one specifically and we'll see if we can track it down. But, there are none missing that I can determine.

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am one of the lifetime members. I am missing activation codes for the new set and also a couple of the others as well. I went to the website and looked at my account and it isn't there either. Thank you.

I forgot to mention where some other older products disappeared to. When Dress Shop 7 was released, it absorbed several collections, tools,and products including these:

1. Dress Shop Princess Comfort Patterns.
2. Dress Shop Princess Casual Patterns.
3. Dress Shop Princess Designer.
4. The Comfort and Casuals Collection.
5. Fashion Designer I
6. Fashion Designer II
7. The Fit Tool
8. Premium Pants
9. Essential Pants

All former Add-on sets were absorbed into various collections or pattern sets. Anything named "Sew By Design" (there were many) are included in Dress Shop 7 now.