Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    How to view All patterns with DS8
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to view All patterns with DS8
 Login/Join

posted
Is there a way to set up DS8 so that you can view all patterns? I want to be able to view patterns that I that I don't own yet. In DS7 you could go into the settings and chose to see the patterns you don't own.

Posts: 55 | Location: Alamosa, Colorado | Registered: 01 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is there a way to set up DS8 so that you can view all patterns? I want to be able to view patterns that I that I don't own yet. In DS7 you could go into the settings and chose to see the patterns you don't own.

No, Dress Shop 8 does not have any provision for listing the patterns you do not own. You can browse un-owned patterns. They are in the "PatternDefaults" folder. The ones you own are in the "MyPatterns" folder. But, there is no marking or indication of which ones in "PatternDefaults" are not also in "MyPatterns".

In your case, Susan, you do own all the patterns, since you recently purchased the Dress Shop Ultimate Collection. Unfortunately, you did that while that product was in the midst of switching from the Dress Shop 7 Ultimate Collection (which has its own huge list of activation codes) to the Dress Shop 8 Ultimate Collection (which has a slightly differnet list of activation codes). The DS8 Ultimate Collection includes more packets than the DS7 version, also includes Dress Shop 8 Pro, Doll Deluxe 8, and the Complete Pants Customizer product. But, several of those have not been released yet, so the Ultimate Collection has not made its switch from one list of activation codes to another.

You have to hang in there a few days, till the new products are released and we can update the activation codes. If we change the codes before the products ar posted, it will cause a different set of problems. Bear with us a few days. The new stuff is almost ready.

BTW, the Ultimate Suite purchase is being changed so that the price is automatically reduced by whatever in it you already own. That particular pricing adjustment is very complicated and may take some days to get working properly. Until that is working, we've pulled the Ultimate Suite product from the Livingsoft web store.

As soon as the automatic Ultimate Suite price adjustment is working, purchasing all that you do not already own will be automatic and you won't have to browse the lists of patterns looking for anything you don't own. Just buy the Ultimate Collection and get charged for only what is new. The price will be there in the cart, so there should be no question about it.

Coming as soon as we can get it working properly.... ;-)

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, that was the info I needed.

Posts: 55 | Location: Alamosa, Colorado | Registered: 01 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post