Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    RE Patch to last update DS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RE Patch to last update DS
 Login/Join

<liverpool>
posted
Can anyone help me. I have d/loaded the latest patch to DS6 and something weird is happening.
When I choose a measurement I get a screen showing positions for a belt, pocket and fold line. Then I choose a pattern and the screen appears with a bright red and yellow grid and small lettering which I cannot read and the pattern is a series of weird shapes. Shall I download the patch again.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see the same as you, liverpool. I am one of the ones with the measurement set that absolutely needed the patch to get a sewable side seam. If I am using the same chart as my last DS session, the program runs as it should. If I want to change to another chart, I get the pocket, fold-line picture and need to get out of the program. I am not able to access the Problem Report from this strange screen, so here is the only other way I know of to report it. Sandy in NM

Posts: 68 | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
reported and being looked for.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can anyone help me. I have d/loaded the latest patch to DS6 and something weird is happening.
When I choose a measurement I get a screen showing positions for a belt, pocket and fold line. Then I choose a pattern and the screen appears with a bright red and yellow grid and small lettering which I cannot read and the pattern is a series of weird shapes. Shall I download the patch again.

I do see this. I'll get a fix for this and post a revised patch shortly. But, the quick way around it for now - when you run Dress Shop, choose a pattern first. Any pattern. Then, you can switch measurement sets freely, choose other patterns, etc. The only case that appears to be failing is drafting a pattern when none is selected. There may be other cases, but I will find those as I track down this one, so no other reports should be needed on this one.

Thanks for the alert. We'll get it corrected...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I got this tracked down and corrected. There is a new patch (you can use it on its own, or install on top of any earlier 6.17 patch that you may have installed) which can be downloaded and installed from:

Dress Shop 6.17 patch revised

This particular problem appeared to occur in two cases:

1. If you change measurement sets with no pattern selected first.

2. You choose the "No Blouse" or "No Pants" or such - basically, choosing to draft no pattern.

In either of those cases, the program tries to draft an unidentified pattern and fails. This had been accounted for before, but this problem came about now due to a minor change in which pattern pieces appear in the layout tool of all things.

In any case, it was not seen by anyone that either drafted patterns using the measurement set they had been using before (the most common case) or by anyone that chose a pattern first, then the measurement set thereafter.

The patch above corrects the other cases as well. Thank you for the report on this and we do apologize for any inconvenience that it may have caused....

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

<liverpool>
posted
Thank you Bob, that was fast. I will try the patch over the other fix. Dorothy

<liverpool>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Sandy in NM:
I see the same as you, liverpool. I am one of the ones with the measurement set that absolutely needed the patch to get a sewable side seam. If I am using the same chart as my last DS session, the program runs as it should. If I want to change to another chart, I get the pocket, fold-line picture and need to get out of the program. I am not able to access the Problem Report from this strange screen, so here is the only other way I know of to report it. Sandy in NM

Hi Sandy, Bob has put a fix in for this today!

posted Hide Post
Should this patch be installed by everyone?----Denise

I got this tracked down and corrected. There is a new patch (you can use it on its own, or install on top of any earlier 6.17 patch that you may have installed) which can be downloaded and installed from:

Dress Shop 6.17 patch revised

This particular problem appeared to occur in two cases:

1. If you change measurement sets with no pattern selected first.

2. You choose the "No Blouse" or "No Pants" or such - basically, choosing to draft no pattern.

In either of those cases, the program tries to draft an unidentified pattern and fails. This had been accounted for before, but this problem came about now due to a minor change in which pattern pieces appear in the layout tool of all things.

In any case, it was not seen by anyone that either drafted patterns using the measurement set they had been using before (the most common case) or by anyone that chose a pattern first, then the measurement set thereafter.

The patch above corrects the other cases as well. Thank you for the report on this and we do apologize for any inconvenience that it may have caused....[/QUOTE]

Posts: 82 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Should this patch be installed by everyone?----Denise

I got this tracked down and corrected. There is a new patch...

It would not hurt as the patch is small and does not break anything I am aware of. I have not been pushing this for all yet as there has been one report every other day. They are mostly obscure - issues that happen with a particular measurement set or by loading a new measurement set before you draft any pattern. Each of these has been reported by one person and each a few days apart. I presume that either there are very few issues or many people are putting off getting the update until they hear an "all clear" signal.

In any case, the patch does not hurt and it does fix a few obscure problems. But, there may be more, so I am not recommending it for everyone until we have 3-4 days with no new reports at all.

Hope that gives you enough insight to decide for yourself...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
Thats individual choice.if you use One chart or can remember to select a pattern before changing charts its not necessary.....its not effecting the outcome of the draft code or printing.

Its more of an "annoyance fix" that anything else.but I personally would take every patch and update ( even If I didnt have to to test it) to keep my program in its most up to date and ready to use state.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post