Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pants now fit
 Login/Join

posted
After many many slopers I finally have pants that fit. The biggest problem with the simplest solution was removing 1/2" from my body depth.
so now that they fit, I am having problems with the floor to waist being level. I can never get all three point -front, back and side waist all level. Any suggestions???

Posts: 107 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jacqui: if you mean level with the floor, then maybe you aren't level. I'm not. Does your sloper fit comfortably at the waist? Many of us are "tilted."
Carol

Posts: 21 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, I know I'm not level, and very tilted...I just can't seem to get the pants all at the waist. Right now I think the side seam needs to come down 1 inch...I'm forever changing the floor to waist measurements.

quote:
if you mean level with the floor, then maybe you aren't level. I'm not. Does your sloper fit comfortably at the waist? Many of us are "tilted."

Posts: 107 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is your body level?

do tie a bit of elastic around the waist measure from elastic to floor contouring the tape.

the elastic is much easier to "see than just a mark.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jacqui: I have the same issue with the side seams but every change affected something else so now I just pencil lower the side seam at the waistline and all is perfect. If everything else is great, I would suggest taking a pencil to your paper pattern at your waist line.
JMO
Duckie

DS Pro 6.13 --
with everything,
Hat Shop,
Home Dec,
IE 6.0.2800,
Win XP SP1,
HP Deskjet 6800 wireless

Posts: 34 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also used to have a problem with the side seam on my pants,are you measuring on a hard surface?not carpets! that makes a difference.Re take all floor to waist measurments again,and with floor to waist conformed, follow the tape with your hand, as if smoothing a cat, around the bumps and curves.My waist is tilted also! try this again and see what comes up on your 1/4 scale to check.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post