Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Project 1 has stopped working
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Project 1 has stopped working
 Login/Join

posted
I have successfully downloaded DS9. I open DS and I still get an error message that says Project 1 has stopped working. Is anyone familiar with this? Is it DS, Windows 7, Microsoft? My registry was cleaned yesterday, the virus off, the firewall off. I am in hopes that someone out there is a techie who can help me. Thanks,
Kelly

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have successfully downloaded DS9. I open DS and I still get an error message that says Project 1 has stopped working. Is anyone familiar with this? Is it DS, Windows 7, Microsoft? My registry was cleaned yesterday, the virus off, the firewall off. I am in hopes that someone out there is a techie who can help me.

First, the error you are getting is the standard one that Windows puts up when the program totally crashes with a Windows error. These are not script errors or drafting errors, but Windows errors. They occur if installation has failed.

There are only two possible causes, both of which you have been advised about already:

1. You are running on a Win7 system and are not the administrator. You must be running an admininstrator account when you install Dress Shop. If you ever wish to copy or delete any of the files that Dress Shop makes (measurement files, pattern files, etc.), then you need to be running an administrator account at those times, too. In general, you should probably always run an administrator account. User accounts are for those people that cannot be trusted to create or maintain files on a computer. To see if you are running an administrator account or to change to one, go to "Start - Control Panel - User Accounts" and find the account you are running.

2. IF you are running an administrator account, then the only other cause for this type of error corruption of your system. That could be:

a. System registry. This is the most common. If you ran a registry cleaner, it may not have worked. Some do. Some don't. Try another.

b. Corruption on your hard drive. If you have defective sectors in your hard drive, you need to quarantine them so they do not get used again. Or, if your hard drive file directory is bad, you need it fixed. Both of these are done by running the system Scan Disk utility. I'm sure there are various ways to find it. I do this: Open "My Computer". Right click on the "C"-drive icon. Select "Properties". Click the "Tools" tab. Select "Error Checking" or "Scan Disk".

c. Viruses can do this type of thing. Try doing a full system virus scan.

That's it, though. These are the causes for a complete Windows crash when you try to run Dress Shop. None of the causes is in Dress Shop program code, so there really is nothing that we can do to fix any of them. This is a problem with your hardware, hard drive, registry, or Windows.

Good luck...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. We did everything that Kaaren told us about but were still unsuccessful. I guess I need to just take the darn thing to the shop and have someone run through it. Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Kelly, I got the Project 1 message when I tried to access DS 7, after I downloaded DS9. I uninstalled 7 and reinstalled 9. DS9 appears to be working okay.
Are you using the right icon? My DS 9 icon is lavendar, DS 7 was yellow.
Just a thought.
Denise Van Horn

Posts: 5 | Registered: 30 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally got it downloaded. With each of the three previous attempts I clicked Save instead of Run. After getting Tai's message, I decided to do things differently. This time I clicked on Run instead of Save! I now have the program and am looking forward to getting into it.

Kelly