Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

installing DS 7
 Login/Join

posted
It's been awhile since DS6 came out. So I don't remember .......
1. do I just install DS7 over DS6 &
2. do I need the full download of DS7 or just the update.

thanks

PS: my signature is not correct(I just got lazy about updating it.)

MPD Pro DS Pro 7.02, Pattern Library (1-14 & up through 1046), FD1&2, UP, UO, Hat Shop, Doll Shop Deluxe, Princess Designer, Fit Tool, illusions, Hat shop, Spring & Summer 2005, Activewear II Windows XP, IE 6 CanonS520 Men's Essentials

Posts: 59 | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's been awhile since DS6 came out. So I don't remember .......
1. do I just install DS7 over DS6 &
2. do I need the full download of DS7 or just the update.

1. You need the Full Upgrade to DS7 and you may install that on top of whatever version of Dress Shop 6 you have. You need to enter the activation code either manually or from Help> on the Web> retrieve my codes.
Close DS to install. The Close and reopen after installing and entering your activation code.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kaaren Smiler

MPD Pro DS Pro 7.02, Pattern Library (1-14 & up through 1046), FD1&2, UP, UO, Hat Shop, Doll Shop Deluxe, Princess Designer, Fit Tool, illusions, Hat shop, Spring & Summer 2005, Activewear II Windows XP, IE 6 CanonS520 Men's Essentials

posted Hide Post
I just wanted to thank Kaaren publicly. she sent me a patch & it made my "small window" go away.

Interesting note: the small window was only on my XP machine. My new laptop with Vista didn't have the small window. (It has other issues but I'll have to work on those later)

thanks again Kaaren & thank you for the option of importing my DS patterns into MPD.

posted Hide Post
I too have the dreaded small window. Kaaren, could you send me the patch? (I'm running Vista, and just downloaded and installed the new DS update.)

Kathy Warner
kbwarner2@comcast.net

Posts: 81 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent it. Anyone else with this problem please do let us know it it works and what system you are runnign and which version of IE so we can possibly locate where the issue exactly is.

Regards,
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kathy Warner:
I too have the dreaded small window. Kaaren, could you send me the patch? (I'm running Vista, and just downloaded and installed the new DS update.)

Kathy Warner
kbwarner2@comcast.net

We heard from several Vista users that the patch would not install properly for Vista. We got a new version of WinZip's self-extractor utility, rebuilt the patch, and it will now install on Vista systems. So, if you tried the Dress Shop small screen patch and it would not install on your Vista system, please get the patch again. It should work now. The patch is here:

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/builds/DSpatch.exe

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post