Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Printing
 Login/Join

posted
I am new to the discussion group and have not found an answer to my question with online research. I have DressShop 9 and am having a problem with printing my patterns. It will only print one page and then I get a StartDoc error. I am running Windows 7, 64-bit. I have tried printing on 2 different printers with the same results. I have the latest printer drivers installed. Contact with the support tells me the printer is working correctly that it is a software issue. I have been advised it is not a DressShop software issue. Any advise or input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Posts: 3 | Registered: 06 April 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
several things:

if demo version shows you must activate the program by going to file >retrieve my codes. The demo will only print screen view (scale) single page patterns.Only the test fit pattern will print full scale.

one make sure you have done the page set up in the printer menu dialog with minimal margins and accurate paper size

same as above also under file>page set up

select scale 100% if paper size is smaller than pattern sie it should tile for any OWNED pattern

so make sure you have sleected a pattern you own

if all above has een corrected send in a problem report via help>problem reports.

regards
Kaaren

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Kaaren for posting a reply

The program has been activated

Page set up has been done

I did select scale of 100%

It is a pattern I own

And I had sent a problem report before I posted my query to the group. I was told it was either a printer or Windows issue, not DressShop.

The printer support said it was not a printer issue, that it was working correctly. I have not been able to find a definitive answer as to the message I am receiving that refers to a StartDoc Error.

Tonight I have gained a little on it. It will now print more than 1 page per pattern piece. But will not print the next pattern piece; I then get the error message.

I had to reboot the computer to be able to print the next pattern piece. At this point I have not rebooted to see if it will continue to work that way.

I am hoping I can eventually get it to work as it should......and hopefully it will at least print after rebooting for now.

Thank you

I do appreciate you suggestion and posting a reply

posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what windows operating system you have. We have 2 windows 8 computers and didn't get the message with Dress Shop but had things printing only the first page and then stopping. We reinstalled the printer and that took care of it.
Karen

Posts: 13 | Registered: 07 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Running Windows 7. Although I had the newest printer driver, did reinstall it. Hopefully will have some more time to investigate.

Thank you

Computers are great but can get frustrating.