New
Find
Notify
Tools

which dress?
 Login/Join

<Vicki/K>
posted
I am planning a Nursing Dress for my DD. She needs a nice one for wearing to Church.
Any suggestions on which DS Dress I should start with? I am thinking a Princess top, with aline skirt.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might get some more ideas for which DS maternity/nursing patterns might work from the illustrations on this offsite link: http://www.leenas.com/English/sew_maternity.html

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Vicki/K>
posted
Thank you Diane, that is helpful.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might want something with a full shoulder so the entire shoulder width can be opened.

Extend the seam allowance to 1.5 inches at shoulder only to make a button placket at shoulder.

Its been over 30 years since my youngest son and i haven't played with nursing styles since then.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Its been over 30 years since my youngest son and i haven't played with nursing styles since then.

Sounds like an idea for a pattern package to me. I struggled with trying to make my daughter maternity ware and nursing clothing. Would be nice to have them in the program.

Posts: 67 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its on the long long list.

But I don't believe it is near the top.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I offered to do a maternity and nursing range for Bob back in January and March but at that time he said they were juggling 5 other projects.
I had both a colleague and a friend pregnant then and made the one a dress and the other a top and pants. My friend is really petite and struggles to find regular clothes let alone maternity. I measured them both for Dress Shop then printed the patterns and adapted them a bit more. They really worked out well. For my friend I later made a really trendy nursing top and she loves it.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post