New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sweatshirt?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,
I'd like to copy as much as possible a "regular" women's sweatshirt (I'm tired of armlengths almost down to my knees). I have Dress Shop 6.14 with all the trimmings and My Pattern Designer. I don't see a sweatshirt in the pattern listings anywhere in DS. In MPD the keyword "sweatshirt" brings up an undarted blouse. I'm thinking that might be my best bet, but would like to know if any of you have any other ideas about patterns to use.

Thanks,
Judy

Posts: 40 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweatshirt
DS active wear>stretch raglan sweatshirt

MPD 111231 change fit level to casual or comfort,remove all darts , sleeve to raglan,cuff to ribbing depends on what you want a crew neck or short placket closure or none or full front zipper select your neckline type and short placket if any in neck options.

a kangaroo pocket is available in extras

Dont get concerned about pattern "names" in MPD.they only represent which block the end design is starting with.

MPD patterns arent "named" like DS patterns they are numbered according to the selections of the elements chosen.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Judy,
On the livingsoftnw website there are a few free patterns. One is a sweatshirt designed by Carolyn Brown. http://livingsoftnw.com/Designers/CBrown.htm
Scroll down and you'll see it.

HTH, Linda

Posts: 5 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to both Kaaren and Linda for the help, I'll be looking into both options. I briefly looked at Carolyn's sweatshirt and it's really nice. I hadn't thought about a kangaroo pocket, but I will now.

Judy

Posts: 40 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sweatshirt was created before we had the stretch raglan sleeve. That sleeve would be an option now, if you own the right add-on. I didn't add a hood because I don't care for hoods, but the hood is in extras if someone wants it.

I have to say, though, that this is my favorite sweatshirt. It fits me everywhere, from the shoulders to the hips. It's true that you can buy a sweatshirt for not much money but, for me, they either hang way off my shoulders or they are too tight in the hips. Not so with my DS sweatshirt. It was also very easy to make.

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carolyn, I have tried three times to download your sweatshirt and one of Kaaren's jackets with no luck. I can download them, but it tells me that my Winzip is corrupted. Do you have any ideas?
Gaye

Gaye in Napa, CA
DSPRO, 6.11
Almost all DS stuff & patterns
Epson C84

Posts: 2 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carolyn,
Speaking of addons, I sent in a query about them but have not received an answer yet. I have some of them and forgot what they were. I also don't see them offered anywhere so I can't figure out the answer to my own question. They are not the same as the pattern packets, right?

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried to download the sweatshirt pattern and also received error message "winzip self extractor header corrupt. Possible cause bad disk or file transfer error."

Pity - I only have a couple of days off, and really wanted to get my pants sloper working, but waiting for a reply to a problem report. So I thought I'd try the sweatshirt while I wait.

But I was able to open the pdf file with Carolyn's design choices, so maybe I'll try it that way. I'd sure like to get back to that pants pattern, though.

Posts: 473 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
get a new copy of winzip!
heres one site
http://www.download-it-free.com/winzip/
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Carolyn, I have tried three times to download your sweatshirt and one of Kaaren's jackets with no luck. I can download them, but it tells me that my Winzip is corrupted. Do you have any ideas?

I got the same results. I posted a fresh copy of the file and it seems to now work properly. Please try again now.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
see http://livingsoftnw.com/DS6/DS6NewBuyer.htm for pattern plackets and colletions.
livingsoftnw.com.

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
This is my first chance after the holidays to look at your report. Sorry I wasnt workign over the new year's weekend.

You will have a reply within an hour or two.
posted 1141 pacific time
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
No problem! just send the file.and ill get right on it.....
no one knows better than me that being over succinct (my usual problem) can lead to misery.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
Kelly,

By add-ons, I mean anything extra you purchase, beyond your basic DS program. That could be tools, like FD, or extra pattern groups.

The company may have a different definition.

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post