Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Problem reports? Website?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem reports? Website?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi -- tried to submit a problem report and was getting the dreaded "Page not Found" screen. Then tried to go to the website and that's not coming up either.

I was trying to plan my fall wardrobe and was looking at jackets. I couldn't get the Lisa to draft.

With investigation this is what I can report:

No problems with a measurement set that has 0 as value for Dress Waist Offset and Dart Center Offset.

With a new measurement set with values for those new measurements that fix the sheath, the panel jacket (Lisa) and the panel coat won't draft. The panel dresses seem to be ok though.

DSPro 6.14 (w/patch a) ... Fashion Designer 1&2, Fit Tool, Princess Designer
Activewear II, Spring/Summer 2005, Illusions, Ultimate Outerwear, Ultimate Pants
Add-Ons 1-14, Pattern Sets 1044-46, 1049-52
Windows XP

Posts: 126 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi.webs site just opened fine so ti may have been busy.
The Lisa jst drafted for me in a variety of charts and Im not 100% sure which pattern you are refering to as the "panel coat" panel which is fitted , casual or comfort under the princess line.

I tried all three.
But they all draft as designed..and i have waist fofset in my chart but not all the standard test charts i also work with.

When any program starts to kick up...and it could be ANY program including windows....the first thing I try is a restart.

Clears things up more often than not.

Puters and IE have a life of their own sometimes.

K

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Lisa jst drafted for me in a variety of charts and Im not 100% sure which pattern you are refering to as the "panel coat" panel which is fitted , casual or comfort under the princess line.

ALL of these:
Outerwear-Jackets-Lisa
Outerwear-Princess Coats-Panel Coat
Outerwear-Princess Coats-Casual Panel Coat
Outerwear-Princess Coats-Comfort Panel Coat

ALL above will NOT draft with my new measurement set. They will draft with the SAME measurement set IF the Dress Waist Offset and Dart Center Offset are at the 0 default. (as reported above)

Same before and after shutting and reopening the program.

So I guess the measurement I need to fix the sheath breaks the panel jackets/coats. Or maybe it was the dart center offset. But the panel dresses (any jumper or dress that I own at any fit level with the word "panel" as part of its name) seem to be working fine.

Workaround will be to have two charts -- one for dresses w/offset measurement and the other for everything else.

BTW I just tried to submit another problem report and this one behaved and went through. So Bob now has the offending measurement set.

So for me, I've identified a problem, figured out what I did to cause it, and figured out what I can do to avoid it in the future. My dress waist offset may be "outside" the allowed parameters (but it coincidently is the same as my high waist offset amount).

I've sent in a problem report and reported here as a heads up in case someone else is experiencing the same thing.

DSPro 6.14 (w/patch a) ... Fashion Designer 1&2, Fit Tool, Princess Designer
Activewear II, Spring/Summer 2005, Illusions, Ultimate Outerwear, Ultimate Pants
Add-Ons 1-14, Pattern Sets 1044-46, 1049-52
Windows XP

Posts: 126 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
ALL of these:
Outerwear-Jackets-Lisa
Outerwear-Princess Coats-Panel Coat
Outerwear-Princess Coats-Casual Panel Coat
Outerwear-Princess Coats-Comfort Panel Coat

ALL above will NOT draft with my new measurement set. They will draft with the SAME measurement set IF the Dress Waist Offset and Dart Center Offset are at the 0 default. (as reported above)

Same before and after shutting and reopening the program.

So I guess the measurement I need to fix the sheath breaks the panel jackets/coats. Or maybe it was the dart center offset. But the panel dresses (any jumper or dress that I own at any fit level with the word "panel" as part of its name) seem to be working fine.

Workaround will be to have two charts -- one for dresses w/offset measurement and the other for everything else.

BTW I just tried to submit another problem report and this one behaved and went through. So Bob now has the offending measurement set.

Hi Gayle,

I think the offending measurement set is probably not really the issue on this one. Just that the Dress Waist Offset setting adjusts the position of the side seam shaping of all fitted tops. The short side panel patterns do not have enough space between this adjusted waist position and the shaping of the pattern curves near the armhole. Those patterns will need to be excluded from this adjustment.

I suspect this will apply to almost any measurement set.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post