Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Gored skirt progresses
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gored skirt progresses
 Login/Join

posted
I'm in the midst of making the 8 gore skirt here, in a black crepe type fabric,its light weight and hangs sofly,Ive basted in the seams and tried it on, it looks great front and back are looking even at side, front and back views.Following Kaarens clases on this subject! it all makes more sense now,Pattern preps etc.Soon I shall be sewing the seams up,and allow to hang for a day or so, to see if it drops any amount before I hem.using the elasticated waist also,and think perhaps its a good idea to insert the elastic, so that i can slip it on my dress form to relax.Planning a top also to wear with this skirt,which i have to figure out a design, and add some of the red chinese silk close to my face since i look sick in total black lol. Razzer waffling on here a bit lol.I'm so pleased with the gore skirt, since not making one before.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way to go, Freda! I'm looking forward to seeing another of "Freda's Special Creations." Must get the class notes from you, too, as gored skirts are my very favourite. How if we could just get a 6/8-gored trumpet skirt, I'd be thrilled.

Best,
Sue

Sue W.
DS6.11, Illusions, Fashion Designer 1, Ult. Outerwear, Fit Tool, Essential Lingerie/Activewear, All pattern sets through #1046, Add-ons #9, #10, #14

Posts: 13 | Location: Whitby, ON, Canada | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sue I don't have any class notes on gored skirts, just the pattern preps,is that what you mean?I am doing some kind of differnt design element, well using a pattern of boxy jacket.The front of the jacket, if all goes well, will have a red band down the front.Plus a shell insert, not a full blouse, so this will join to the jacket at the side and armhole seams.Trumpet skirt sounds nice is that more flared at the bottom?

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the trumpet skirt is more flared, like a slinky skirt with several panels.
Yes, I've got the pattern prep notes. Thought that Kaaren might have given specific suggestions re: gored skirts as the drafting had been updated. Glad it's working out.
The jacket sounds very cool. I love black and red together. Are you using the dickey (Cool Jewel)? Should make a lovely outfit.

Sue W.
DS6.11, Illusions, Fashion Designer 1, Ult. Outerwear, Fit Tool, Essential Lingerie/Activewear, All pattern sets through #1046, Add-ons #9, #10, #14

Posts: 13 | Location: Whitby, ON, Canada | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my minds eye, the front of the jacket will not be a closure type,so I shall have to think up something to wear under it eh?don't wish to get arrested for indecent exposure lol.I thought about a shell under neath the jacket.My brain is working in over drive at present here lol.Ijust used the help section for the gored skirt on my program.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Windows7Home Prem. IE10