Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    DS9 closes when I try to save a dress pattern
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DS9 closes when I try to save a dress pattern
 Login/Join

posted
I am trying to save a pattern with the options that I have selected in DS9. The program gives me a message that it has stopped working and closes. it does not save the pattern. Am I not doing it correctly? Thanks Edie

Posts: 11 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am trying to save a pattern with the options that I have selected in DS9. The program gives me a message that it has stopped working and closes. it does not save the pattern. Am I not doing it correctly?

If Dress Shop stops running when you try to save, that is a hard crash, caused neither by Dress Shop itself nor by anything you are doing. This is either:

1. Bad installation.
2. Something bad in Windows
3. Bad system registration
4. Virus
5. Hard drive fault.

Things you can try, in increasing order of difficulty:

1. Run a scan disk to insure there are no actual hard drive faults. Open "My computer", right click on your "C" drive icon, select Properties, then Tools, then "Error Checking".

2. If you have not forced a full system virus scan lately, do that, just in case.

3. Registry cleanup. Get one of the free registry clean up tools. I use the free versoin of Glary Utilities available by download from CNET. There are others.

4. After the registry cleanup, reinstall Dress Shop. That would eliminate both registry problems and any corrupted Dress Shop files.

5. If none of that solves it, then you might have a problem with Windows. That one is harder to fix, so let's eliminate the others before we consider this one.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had that happen also, awhile back. I tried many things and finally uninstalled Windows Explorer, ran two registry cleaners, then installed the latest version of Windows Explorer. It also seems to help to make sure that you have the latest Java updates as well.

Posts: 113 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post