Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dart Tool
 Login/Join

posted
When you use the Dart Tool and want to make an adjustment (for instance, put a percentage in the center dart or anything else), and then you want to get back to the first screen of the Dart Tool, can you?
I often change one thing and then want to go back to the first screen to check to see if I want to change anything else and I cannot find a way to do this without getting out of the Dart Tool and then going back in.
Is there another way?

Posts: 183 | Location: CA | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
When you use the Dart Tool and want to make an adjustment (for instance, put a percentage in the center dart or anything else), and then you want to get back to the first screen of the Dart Tool, can you?
I often change one thing and then want to go back to the first screen to check to see if I want to change anything else and I cannot find a way to do this without getting out of the Dart Tool and then going back in.
Is there another way?

To change any setting in the Dart Tool, you click on a button labeled "Adjust Darts". When you do that, that button is replaced by one now labeled "Don". When you are done adjusting dart settings, click on the "Done" button.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After adjusting the front darts, click the "Done" button.
You can now adjust the back darts. Click "Done" when finished.
Click "Redraft" at any time to effect the changes.

Click "Design" on the blue tower to close the dart tool and get the design sketch back.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
 quote:
Is there another way? 
---------------

To change any setting in the Dart Tool, you click on a button labeled "Adjust Darts". When you do that, that button is replaced by one now labeled "Don". When you are done adjusting dart settings, click on the "Done" button.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)  

I don't have a "Done" button that I have seen, unless maybe it is under the Defaults bar. I have 6.13.
When I go to the dart tool, I make the changes to the options I want. Then, I hit the "Adjust Darts" and make the adjustments that I want. Then, I decide that I would like a different type of dart. I don't know how to go back to that first screen to reselect, unless there is a "Done" button I can not see, or?
Another 'for instance' was today when I wanted a center back dart, and somehow I only thought the center dart was in the back. I was very surprised to see that I must have pushed the button for a center dart in the front. To go back to change that, I had to get out of the Dart Tool and then go back in again. I just thought there might be a better way. If my Default bar is covering a "Done" button, how do I get it again?

Posts: 183 | Location: CA | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't have a "Done" button that I have seen, unless maybe it is under the Defaults bar. I have 6.13.
When I go to the dart tool, I make the changes to the options I want. Then, I hit the "Adjust Darts" and make the adjustments that I want. Then, I decide that I would like a different type of dart. I don't know how to go back to that first screen to reselect, unless there is a "Done" button I can not see, or?
Another 'for instance' was today when I wanted a center back dart, and somehow I only thought the center dart was in the back. I was very surprised to see that I must have pushed the button for a center dart in the front. To go back to change that, I had to get out of the Dart Tool and then go back in again. I just thought there might be a better way. If my Default bar is covering a "Done" button, how do I get it again?

You state that you have seen the "Adjust Darts" buttons. There are two of them. One for the front darts and one for the back darts. Let's assume for the moment that you click on the one in the front darts column.

Both buttons labeled "Adjust Darts" disappear. The column that had been used for back dart selections is now being used for front dart adjustments. In the place of the "Adjust Darts" button that you clicked, there should now be a button labeled "Done".

It should be exactly where the button you just clicked was sitting. The button in the back darts column just goes away. It is the front darts you are adjusting and the front darts column gets the "Done" button.

If you do not see a "Done" button where the "Adjust Darts" button was sitting, then I cannot guess what might be wrong. It should not be under anything. It should appear exactly where the "Adjust Darts" button had been. If you saw the "Adjust Darts", you should see the "Done".

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something must be wrong with my computer and/or the copy of the program I have. Now I do not even see any adjustments for the back, only the front. I will wait and see if anyone else responds to this. I have 6.13 and have downloaded the last patch if anyone is comparing versions. Thanks.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLJones:
Something must be wrong with my computer and/or the copy of the program I have. Now I do not even see any adjustments for the back, only the front.
Please go to Help, Help Index, Help With Dress Shop Tools, Darts Tool article. Read the whole article. The last photo at the bottom shows the “Done” button, and the text preceding it shows how to get there. After you click on the Done button, the previous frame for both front and back comes back on screen. Then you can select Adjust button for the opposite side.

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
 Please go to Help, Help Index, Help With Dress Shop Tools, Darts Tool article. Read the whole article. The last photo at the bottom shows the “Done” button, and the text preceding it shows how to get there. After you click on the Done button, the previous frame for both front and back comes back on screen. Then you can select Adjust button for the opposite side.

Diane,
I went to the Help Screen that you mentioned. My Dart Tool used to look like that. Now it doesn't.
At the bottom of the box, I only have the Redraft and Defaults boxes, I do not have the Save Settings or the Print Pattern boxes.
To experiment, I chose the Elegant dart, and Redraft, andthen the right hand boxes open up for adjusting this dart. At the same time I do this, I lose all of the reference lines and amounts on the pattern side of the screen (this has happened for a long time with my program, but I have just went to view and clicked on these boxes to get them back). At the same time, in the Width Adjustment boxes, the Shoulder and Center boxes, text and boxes has shifted over to the right like the tab key or something has shifted them over. There is no Done box so I can not go back to the first screen.
No, my program does not look like the pictures in the Help Section.

posted Hide Post
DL, what program, build number, and pattern are you using?

posted Hide Post
When I sent my last message to this thread and Posted It, I had a series of the same screen come tumbling onto my computer screen, over and over. I finally had to restart my computer to stop it. This happened one other time and this was about the time that someone mentioned a virus probably about 6 weeks ago.
After I restart my computer than everything seems okay again.
What is causing this?

posted Hide Post
DL, sounds like you need a good computer cleanup (get rid of temporary files, etc.), and scan for virus with updated antivirus program. When you're done with that and you know your computer's clean, try DS again. Nite for now.

posted Hide Post
I am using Vers. 6.13 Designer Pro and have added the last patch. I have tried the Dart Tool with the sheath dress and fitted shirt.

posted Hide Post
My temporary files are cleaned almost daily, my computer has an updated antivirus program and it is scanned for virus weekly.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLJones:
When I sent my last message to this thread and Posted It, I had a series of the same screen come tumbling onto my computer screen, over and over. (snip) What is causing this?
Can't tell you for sure, but here's a link from the CNET Forums about "A screen gone crazy." http://tinyurl.com/dk65z
I read on another site that a large fan running next to a monitor made screen image start "dancing" or "bouncing." Magnetic interference. See the link above for other ideas, or just google your own search term.

P.S. You can edit the strange format of that post back to normal so it's easier to read on the board by clicking on the eraser tip in the lower right corner of the post.