Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    ALERT, everyone PLEASE READ!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ALERT, everyone PLEASE READ!!!
 Login/Join

posted
I have heard that Wal-Mart is discontinuing their fabric departments! I don't know about some, but here in this part of the country it is Wal-Mart or Hancocks and Hancocks is very expensive, imagine what they will be like when they have the monopoly? It scares me to death! Please write to Wal-Mart at this link and explain to them how much this will effect the entire sewing community:
http://walmartstores.com/GlobalWMStoresWeb/feedback_submit.do

The more people who write, the better our chances are to keep this...I use them every week and when K-Mart did away with their fabric department years ago, I quit shopping there entirely. Please, even if you don't buy fabric/supplies at Wal-Mart, write anyway to help those of us who must. Thank you!

Dress Shop-7 Pro and MPD Pro Stand Alone

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This really ticks me off cause we live in a very small town that has one shop & they mostly cater to quilters,(not that that is bad but I'm not into quilting as much as I design my own clothes right now)so the owner doesn't have any new fabrics. The same ones have been on her shelves for years. I think she alternates them every so often. A person can only buy so much of her fabrics. It is a 2-1/2 hour drive to the nearest Joann's or Hancock's Fabrics. And that's one way. There are a couple of fabulous fabric shops down in or around Atlanta (not where I want to go because of the horrific traffic & the time it takes to get there).

I just emailed Wal-mart's but it was only my local store. Does anyone have the email address for the big guys at Wal-mart's? I couldn't find it because the site wanted my address & told me the closest store.

I'll go sit in the corner & suck my thumb. But that won't help. tee heee

Bobbieann

Posts: 228 | Location: Somewhere, Arkansas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just found the place to leave the info for the heads of Wal-marts.

Bobbieann

Barbara

Posts: 228 | Location: Somewhere, Arkansas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received this from someone the other day. It is a petition that you can sign on line supporting keeping the fabric departments open at WalMart. Please everyone take the time to click on the link and support this effort.

From ASG Headquarters

We've been asked to share the following information with you:

Sewers across the country are signing an online petition to protest Walmart's
proposed discontinuation of fabrics and notions. Sadly, for many of our
members Walmart is the only option for sewing supplies locally. If you would like
to lend your support, the link is:

http://www.petitiononline.com/savefab/petition.html

Currently there are over 7,000 signers but it will take a lot more
than that to convince Walmart that we sewers are a passionate group to be
reckoned with.

Have a Blessed Night!
Rena Evans

Posts: 75 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just sign the petition, someone has been busy there are 17694 signatures now. Thanks for letting us know about the proposed closure. Even here in CT Walmart is the closest option for fabric (I hate JoAnne's), and when I was in NM it was the only option.

Posts: 30 | Location: Hebron, CT | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Janet Babb:
Just sign the petition, someone has been busy there are 17694 signatures now. Thanks for letting us know about the proposed closure. Even here in CT Walmart is the closest option for fabric (I hate JoAnne's), and when I was in NM it was the only option.
Another one is added too!!!

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I signed the petition, then the thought occured to me "who is going to send the petition to Wal-Mart" and when? I received a confirmation of my signature by email requesting a donation. With over 18,000 signatures if everyone donates, what a great way to make money!

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I signed it and never have been ask to give any kind of a donation. I also know several others that have signed it and have never mention being ask to give a donation. Wondering what is up with that. Rena

Posts: 75 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey everyone,
I signed the petition & was never asked for a donation. Don't know what's up with that...

Bobbieann

posted Hide Post
A brand new Walmart super store opened in my area on Monday. NO FABRICS
Nearest fabric store is 20+ miles away (JoAnns). Hancocks is about 50 miles.
Best fabric store (not a chain) is 1.5 hr drive.
June
central FL

Posts: 26 | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those anywhere near Central Florida, The Sewing Studio in Maitland (suburb of Orlando)has a nice selection of fabrics. There's actually 3 stores: the main retail store, the "bargain annex", and the sewing machine & accessories store. It's located at the intersection of 17-92 and Maitland Blvd.

Barb

Posts: 36 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is an excerpt from the confirmation email I received for supporting the petition. If it is deleted by admin I'll understand but I just wanted the petition supporters to see it. If you signed the petition and provided your email address, the response might be in your spam folder. Two-three days later I received several messages about making money conducting surveys online.
quote:
Dear Xxxxx Xxx,

This email message is sent to you from PetitionOnline.com to confirm your signature as "Xxxxx Xxx" on the online petition:

"Wal-Mart -- Save the Full-Service Fabric Department!"

hosted on the web by our free online petition service, at:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/savefab/
(snip)
-- * --
Please contribute $1.00 or more to PetitionOnline and help maintain
this premiere free speech forum. Your contribution is completely
voluntary -- and generous support from visitors like you is what keeps
PetitionOnline going! Contributing is quick, easy, private, and secure,
either directly to PetitionOnline.com:
https://artifice.securesites.com/cgi-bin/support_petitiononline.cgi

or with PayPal, including international currencies and eChecks:
https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=support%40petiti...ipping=1&cn=Comments
-- * --
(snip)
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - +
(snip)
Contributions to help support PetitionOnline.com are warmly appreciated via
PayPal in U.S. Dollars, Canadian Dollars, Euros, Pounds Sterling, and Yen.
PayPal accepts eChecks as well as major credit cards. Contributing is
secure, fast, and easy:
https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=support%40petiti...ipping=1&cn=Comments

Or if you prefer, via the Amazon.com Honor System, online at:
https://www.amazon.com/paypage/P3KXN6BPYN3FLV

Or if you prefer to contribute offline, please make checks payable to:

Artifice, Inc.
PetitionOnline.com
PO Box 1588
Eugene, OR 97440

Thank you!

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - +

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never got asked for money eighther,hmmmmm wonder if its a scam?to gather emails to attack!

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post