Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Unintalling DressShop
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unintalling DressShop
 Login/Join

posted
I am trying to make room on my computer and I noticed I have DS6.17 master at approx 89MB and right under it I have the 6.17patch, also at 89MB, I want to delete the update to give myself more room but it will not remove? Any suggestions? Thanks, Michelle in Texas

Dress Shop-7 Pro and MPD Pro Stand Alone

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, I was able to uninsall the main program (DS) but the update will not remove...can someone help me? This is really weird....

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am trying to make room on my computer and I noticed I have DS6.17 master at approx 89MB and right under it I have the 6.17patch, also at 89MB, I want to delete the update to give myself more room but it will not remove? Any suggestions?

You will not gain any disk space by this. Every master and every update includes the same files. Later versions have differences, but they sit on top of the earlier copies of the same files, so they do not take up additional space. Just the same space re-used.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob, that is good to know. But tell me, why is it that I cannot removed DS UPdate 6.17? I have removed the download Master, the Update 6.18 but that stubborn 6.17 will not remove, it highlights and nothing happens. I would like to get it all off my computer for awile, I use MPD anyway most of the time. Can you help?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks Bob, that is good to know. But tell me, why is it that I cannot removed DS UPdate 6.17? I have removed the download Master, the Update 6.18 but that stubborn 6.17 will not remove, it highlights and nothing happens. I would like to get it all off my computer for awile, I use MPD anyway most of the time. Can you help?

That I don't know, as the "Add / Remove Programs" is a Windows system utility. But, I can guess. It sounds like you uninstalled the full build first, then tried to uninstall the update that had been on top of it. When the uninstall utility went looking for files to remove, it found none (uninstalling the full build already deleted them). So, it aborts.

Just a guess, of course. That will mean that the update will be listed in your "Add / Remove" list forever. Once you get one stuck, there is no way to get it out that I know of. I have several such. They are just names in a list, not taking up any real space, so I just ignore them. If anyone else knows how to clean up the list, feel free to advise, but I do not know...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob...as long as I know it is not taking up valuable space I am satisfied...I am running out of space what with MPD and all my machine embroidery software.