Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pattern Design
 Login/Join

posted
I would like to make a simple beautician's smock with 2 patch pockets, dolman sleeves, and a zipper in the front. Could someone tell me the proper DrsssShop pattern to begin with?

Posts: 5 | Registered: 02 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would start with file>load>blouse> comfort fit shirt for a beauticians smock.

select your size in the womens standard fit menu or for a womens size 40 so it "fits all" if you have no clue what the siZe you need is.

adjust neckline, flare, sleeve and armhole depths.making the arm hole at least 8-10 inches deep using the options> fit tool.

select a front or back closure. select a surplice for a wrap front smock.

You can also use the cape for the customers use under file>load pattern>outerwear> coats
adjust length

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU! This is very enlightening and a great help. I found out yesterday that my first client is currently wearing a store-bought smock in size 2X. Do you think the women's 40 is the way to go?

Posts: 5 | Registered: 02 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IF you can get the 5 measurements required for the measurement wizard- that would be the best- since this is NOT a fitted garment the size 40 is probably a good choice. If she can give you just height and hip find the nearest chart to her hip size..if hip is largest, bust size if top is largest.

a 2 x is really something like a size 20/22

A neat trick when working with BBW ladies is never refer to a chart size- always say YOUR custom chart leave off the word size and any numbers...

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post