Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

payment plan?
 Login/Join

posted
Your explanation of the DS upgrade was very informative and I am leaning towards that more than adding to MPD. If I do purchase the upgrade, which I most likely will do, I understand that I will receive the Fall 2009 patterns, but I also would add the pants option when it is available. If I have to wait to do that all at once, ie when the pants option is available, would I lose the option of the Fall 2009 patterns? Do you have a payment plan for DS similar to that of MPD?----Denise

Posts: 82 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Installment plans are valid on any total purchase over 99.00 with a minimum monthly payment of 49.00

We have not settled on a date to withdraw the fall collection yet. Nor do we have a date for release of the Pant Designer-as we are still running thru every single older DS Pant anyone might own to make sure they work with the enhanced options and fit.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just purchased the upgrade, but didn't realize I maybe should have waited for the pants designer? Is there going to be a special offer including it? I would rather have that than the fall collection...

MPD Pro, DS7 Pro, UP, UO, Illusions, EA, EL, FD1 & 2, FT, PD & many add-on patterns

Posts: 31 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: 22 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The pant designer will not be offered as a freebie to be included. It will have its own pricing.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is there a phone number that I can use to speak with a live person regarding purchases?---Denise

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just purchased the upgrade, but didn't realize I maybe should have waited for the pants designer? Is there going to be a special offer including it? I would rather have that than the fall collection...

No, sorry, there is no plan to have a special involving upgrading to Dress Shop 8 and the Pants Designer.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your explanation of the DS upgrade was very informative and I am leaning towards that more than adding to MPD. If I do purchase the upgrade, which I most likely will do, I understand that I will receive the Fall 2009 patterns, but I also would add the pants option when it is available. If I have to wait to do that all at once, ie when the pants option is available, would I lose the option of the Fall 2009 patterns? Do you have a payment plan for DS similar to that of MPD?----

The installmennts purchase option is an occasional special that comes and goes. Just now, it was gone as we had some problem reported with it regarding logging in during checkout. If I can get the web cart folks to get that fixed properly, we'll make the installment plan option available....

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
is there a phone number that I can use to speak with a live person regarding purchases?---

Sorry, we have not had a manned phone number since PeggySue was killed.

I'll see if the bookkeeper can phone you, though...

posted Hide Post
First of all let me express how much I appreciate the team at DS continuing to
make updates to DS.

Any idea of how much extra the pant designer will cost?

Also, I am confused about what exactly the pant designer is. If we get the latest update to DS and this enhances the pants. What more will the pant designer do?

I am sitting on pins and needles to get the new upgrade, but having to pinch penny to pay for my next Dr bill Thursday. It would make it easier for me if I could break the payment for the upgrade into at least 2 installments. But, it falls $10 short of qualifying for that. I have fibromyalgia along with degenerative disk disease which always seems to take every last penny with the great health care we have these days. So I am wanting to make sure I am make an informed investment when I do purchase an upgrades.

Thanks,
Rena

Posts: 132 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any idea of how much extra the pant designer will cost?

Also, I am confused about what exactly the pant designer is. If we get the latest update to DS and this enhances the pants. What more will the pant designer do?

The latest update includes many improvements to all the Dress Shop patterns, but especially to the pants patterns that you own. You get those improvements when you upgrade. You also get the Fall Collection and the other new patterns and necklines that come with the upgrade. And, you get a small preview of The Complete Pants Customizer.

The Complete Pants Customizer will cost $69 when it is released. It includes 57 pants pattern foundations in it, plus a slew of new settings and features such as the new contoured waistband, foldover waistband, new welt pocket, new insseam pocket, new cutaway pockets, the slenderizer pocket, gussets, stirrups, new waistlevels and fit types and much more.

When you purchase an upgrade to Dress Shop 8 Standard, you get 4 of the new foundation patterns. The Pro upgrade comes with 8 of the foundation patterns. The full pants tool comes with all 57 of the new foundation patterns. Some are similar to existing Dress Shop patterns and are mostly included for those that do not own prior versions of Dress Shop. Other tool foundation patterns are completely new designs. The jeans are very different designs from anything we have had in Dress Shop before. The tapered leg, straight leg, and wide leg pants are all different from their Dress Shop predecessors. There are other designs like the Foldoever Yoga pants that are also quite different.

All of the new settings and features currently work with every one of the new foundation patterns, but we are also making sure that they work equally well with the older Dress Shop patterns. Or, that inappropriate features are disabled when some incompatible pattern is being drafted. Adding a jeans style yoke to one-seam pants, for instance, just would never work.

If you cannot afford to get everything now, you could wait. The Pants Customizer is certainly not going away.

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
QUOTE] It would make it easier for me if I could break the payment for the upgrade into at least 2 installments. But, it falls $10 short of qualifying for that. [/QUOTE]

The Complete Pants Customizer should be coming out in November. If you wait for it, buying both it and the Dress Shop upgrade would qualify for the installment purchase plan. The included Fall Collection will still be included at that time.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for going into detail for me. It is nice to know that if I wait I can still get what I am wanting and be able to break the cost up. That is what I will do then. I guess we are all like kids and it is hard to wait for anything. We are a want it now generation! LOL!

Thanks Again and Be Blessed!
Rena

Posts: 132 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perfect. Don't have the bookkeeper call. You answered my questions. I will will wait until the pants designer is done and then get that and the upgrade with the fall patterns on the installment plan. This is a very, very tight month and it helps to do installments as well as knowing how much they will be. Thank you for all of your information----Denise