Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pattern "Catalog"
 Login/Join

posted
Is there any way to view all of the pattern options in Dress Shop Pro 8 without clicking on each one individually? I would like to see the line drawings of the patterns in a catalog format. I would like to compare styles and do not know how to do it in an easy manner. Thanks. Irene in Destin, FL

Posts: 6 | Registered: 05 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is there any way to view all of the pattern options in Dress Shop Pro 8 without clicking on each one individually? I would like to see the line drawings of the patterns in a catalog format. I would like to compare styles and do not know how to do it in an easy manner.

Sorry, but no. There are currently around 700 core patterns in Dress Shop. Consider for the moment just one of those, perhaps the sheath dress pattern. It has options for:

1. 9 different lengths.
2. 16 different sleeve types.
3. 6 sleeve lengths
4. 6 types of sleeve cuffs.
5. 50+ front neck style
6. 18 collar options.
7. 16 closure options.

The combinations of just these sets of options would take about 75 million pictures to illustrate. Now, some of those may not matter to you, but there are also options for darting, curved hemlines, weskit settings, vee hems, hanky hems, skirt flare, vents, pleats, godets, neck ties, belts, pockets, and such.

The point is that this one pattern can produce several hundred million variations even before you get to the design tools or start entering your own numbers to adjust things. A book of sketches illustrating all of them would just not be practical.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are right, of course, that would be too many illustrations. What I was hoping for would be line drawings of the basic style, before any design changes, similiar to what you show for the Sew Easy Collection on the web-site.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 05 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
You are right, of course, that would be too many illustrations. What I was hoping for would be line drawings of the basic style, before any design changes, similiar to what you show for the Sew Easy Collection on the web-site.

I'll see what we can do. There are several hundred of those. If you go to the web site and choose the "Patterns" tab, then select blouses, dresses, etc. Each of those pages has sketch type illustrations of 40 to 50 patterns. Those, in turn, link to pages that have larger illustrations. It is not every pattern in Dress Shop, but it is a lot of them.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post