Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weird Happenings!
 Login/Join

posted
Having a problem with Mia/Mark not displaying the design, but only a 'blob' of color. The design areas are there and can be adjusted, I just can't see what I'm desiging. Also, the layout tool is not displaying the patterns correctly, showing unfolded on the skirt but folded on the bodice. The end of the 'fabric graphic' is not coming to the edge of the pattern pieces to give the correct yardage needed. I've restarted the program AND rebooted the system. Bob...Kaaren...anyone else? HELP!

AliceM DS Educator
DS6.14 Pro, MPD with everything else. WinXP, HP3050 color laser printer

Posts: 36 | Location: Ocean Park, WA | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Having a problem with Mia/Mark not displaying the design, but only a 'blob' of color. The design areas are there and can be adjusted, I just can't see what I'm desiging. Also, the layout tool is not displaying the patterns correctly, showing unfolded on the skirt but folded on the bodice. The end of the 'fabric graphic' is not coming to the edge of the pattern pieces to give the correct yardage needed. I've restarted the program AND rebooted the system. Bob...Kaaren...anyone else? HELP!

Hi Alice,

You have a bunch of separate issues in this one short note, so I'll try to address each in turn.

The layout tool is displaying skirt unfolded at this time, regardless of your choices about that. This is fixed in the next update, coming within the week.

A blob of color instead of a proper illustrations is caused by missing illustration art for that pattern. I would need to know which pattern it was to determine if it is just you that is missing that art or Dress Shop in general. Which pattern?

If the fabric graphic in the yardage tool does not reach the edge of your pattern, that simply means that your pattern could not be cut from fabric of that size. The only thing to fix there is to get fabric of a greater width. Of course, if you have an unfolded skirt sitting on folded fabric, you will be getting a distorted estimate. So, until you get the fix for the skirts, select unfolded fabric when you are using the layout tool with those patterns.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob, so far I've seen it with the men's kimono and the women's empire nightgown. I DID discover the reason the yardage was not figuring correctly. Even if a pattern piece is off the 'fabric' area, the end of the fabric will stop at that pattern piece. I had a facing over too far to the right, and the 'sensor' was picking it up and including it in the needed length of fabric. The width is fine, I'm entering the number of inches and the program is responding appropriately.

AliceM DS Educator
DS6.14 Pro, MPD with everything else. WinXP, HP3050 color laser printer

Posts: 36 | Location: Ocean Park, WA | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bob, so far I've seen it with the men's kimono and the women's empire nightgown.

Hi Alice,

The women's empire nightgown had already been reported and was fixed for the next update. The men's kimono was new. I found the problem and fixed that, too. Both will display properly in the next update, expected within the week.

Thanks for letting me know...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post