Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    New Rules for Forum Posts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Rules for Forum Posts
 Login/Join

posted
I just wrote a new post about changes on the LivingsoftNW website and received a reply stating "Thank you for contributing to this forum. Unfortunately, all postings of this kind rquire administrator review/approval. When the administrators have approved your post, it will appear in the forum." Confused

I also noticed that under New User Questions, Dress Shop Topics, Newsletter, and Class Notes, there now appears "Moderators: Board Aministrator, Kaaren Hoback." Couldn't we please see the Board Administrator's name alongside Kaaren's name so we will know who we are being judged by.

The language selected to be used in the auto-responder could be a little more tactful. "Unfortunately, all postings of this kind require administrator review/approval. When the administrators have approved your post..." Does this mean that all posts now have to wait for a screening process by Kaaren and Greg and/or Bob? "Unfortunately" and "this kind" makes it look like anyone's post may not be welcome. JMHO Frowner

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Hi Diane,

Yes, the Board Administrator is just a login name use by either Bob or I when we are logged in to do board maintance. It's also possible that other employees could be using that login if they are tasked with helping out with the web site.

And yes, the board is now Moderated. I'm afraid we have had a couple of instances where there have been postings that violate the Web Forum policies and have drawn the attention of the Administrators. For our protection as well as for the general well being of the Forums the Moderators will be making sure no more of those type of posts get through.

Will it slow down postings? Yup. Hopefully only a little bit. The moderators get an email sent directly to them to be approved. There shouldn't be much of a noticable delay and we'll be doing out best to be prompt.

What will get approved? Hopefully every single posting. I'd really like to believe that we are all civil people with the best interests of each other at heart. Mean and vendictive statements will not be allowed through. With any luck, we can remove the moderation in a bit when we see that there are no more shenanigans.

As for the automated note. I just turned the moderation on a couple hours ago. I'm still learning what the process is with this new board. Thanks for pointing out the message and I'll see if I can't make it a bit more polite.

Trust me, this is not a change that we desire. It takes time and is very distracting when we'd really like to be doing our other work. However we have no choice in this. We will not be 'judging' you or any of our posters, just making sure that the content of posts don't violate board or company policy.

Thanks so much,
Greg Hightower

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board Administrator:
Yes, the Board Administrator is just a login name use by either Bob or I when we are logged in to do board maintance. It's also possible that other employees could be using that login if they are tasked with helping out with the web site.
Thank you for signing your name on the post body, Greg. Could we ask that whoever posts using Board Administrator login also do the same so we will know which of you is responding.
quote:
Will it slow down postings? Yup. Hopefully only a little bit. The moderators get an email sent directly to them to be approved. There shouldn't be much of a noticable delay and we'll be doing out best to be prompt.

Thanks so much,
Greg Hightower
Do you expect to monitor 24/7 or only be watching during certain hours and if so, which time zone? Thanks. Diane.

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Not going to be 24/7. We need to sleep now and then. Zones will be either Pacific, Mountain or Eastern depending on who's monitoring and what time of year it is.

Greg

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board Administrator:
Not going to be 24/7. We need to sleep now and then. Zones will be either Pacific, Mountain or Eastern depending on who's monitoring and what time of year it is.

Greg
Well, then, can you tell me when not to expect my post to hit the board within 5 minutes of posting in October? I'm a night owl in Eastern time zone, and maybe I should just go to bed instead. Confused

posted Hide Post
The board admin staff consists of Greg Hightower, Bob Clardy and myself.

As I am travelling Im not doing "my duty" right now.

We arent judging the validity of our users posts in any way .

You may still share and ask for support, help from other users and some of the educators even the programmers ( Bob and Greg both program.)

though support at livingsoftnw.com gets a quick reply as always from the SAME staff.

You can even report a specific problem issue following up with a problem report.

You can ask how to use a tool, and even what is the expectation of a specific design and we can offer some criteria for you.

You can post about your user group and messages will flow quite freely.

You can ask questions about tools, classes and club.

What will not be permitted is the dissemination of false and misleading information and flameing of users.

Theres enough baloney in the world we don't need to put up with it here.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Diane, I can't tell you the 5 minutes in October that someone won't be moderating your posts. We're going to do our best, but we won't be hiring any new employees to handle this additional load. As a general rule, someone is working at their desks between 6:00am PST and 7:00pm PST. Most of the time one of us is still working at 10:00pm PST. Generally very long days. During those times we will be also doing Moderator stuff. Weekends might be a little more spotty, but for as long as we need we'll do our best.

Again, we'd like to think this is temporary. We'll see.

Greg

posted Hide Post
all three of us will be on pacific time in several days.so .. sicne i start between 5 and 7 am every monring and am on till about 530pm when its time for dinner.ill take the "early shift".

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you send a post and it is rejected, do we get notice of that?

I do not have the set up needed to see my own posts, so I have no way of knowing if a post was rejected or when it gets posted.

Maybe someone could email me privately about the process of setting it up to see our own posts. I know it was discussed before, but it might be worth revisiting again.
Thanks,
Linda

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I am in the admin that rejects a post I will email you regarding it. and say exactly why it was rejected.

I hope to NEVER ever reject a post.

If you are flameing someone expect a reject.

If you are stating a bug report or asking how to use soemthing or why doesnt x do this instead of that.

It will be answered as if its a support question and allowed to post as the answer may help someone else.

We just don't want mailicious ANNOYMOUS posts..taking this list off topic and into the black hole .

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com