Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Printing error message
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Printing error message
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, all.....

Can anyone help with solving a printing error? I can print one piece of a pattern, but then when I go to print a second piece, I get the message "Printing Error returned from StartDoc (error #6)." The only way I've found to print my 2nd and later pieces is to completely exit and restart Dress Shop for each piece.

Dress Shop version is 9.09a.

Computer particulars: Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium with 8 gigs of RAM; printer is Brother monochrome laser HL-2040.

Many thanks for any help anyone has to get this solved!

Posts: 36 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can anyone help with solving a printing error? I can print one piece of a pattern, but then when I go to print a second piece, I get the message "Printing Error returned from StartDoc (error #6)." The only way I've found to print my 2nd and later pieces is to completely exit and restart Dress Shop for each piece.

Historically, there have been two common causes of this type of problem. They are:

1. Printer driver conflict with something on your system. The only fix is to install the latest printer driver from your printer manufacturer's web site. They should be available as a free download. Even if your printer is new, later drivers always come out as they hear about and address conflicts, so even a brand new printer will likely have updated drivers available.

2. Corruption in the system registry. Some of you may have heard this before, but this is far-and-away the most common problem that any Dress Shop or MPD owner has with their program not working well with their hardware. It is a very common problem with Windows and that's why there are so many free clean-and-repair tools available for it. There are many such tools, but I use the free version of Glary Utilities from Glarysoft, available here: http://www.glarysoft.com/glary-utilities/. You install it, run it, and fix the hundreds of errors that it always finds. Then you must reinstall some recent Dress Shop update. Only during that install are registry entries built and you need those, so you do need to reinstall something.

99% of the time, one of these two fixes will correct the problem. 1% of the time they will not and then there is nothing else we know about to try.

Hope you are in the 99%...

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post