New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peasant Blouse
 Login/Join

posted
I have DS9 Pro.
Does anyone know if I can draft a peasant blouse with raglan puff sleeves?
I know how to do it with set-in sleeves via comfort blouses, but cannot figure a way to use a raglan style sleeve.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 18 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The true peasant and the Raglan would have intersecting lines that would jam up either the neckline or the sleeve head.

You can have a boat neck and adjust the width- but it wont take much to break the corner of the raglan.

The Spring 11 collection has "Selmas vee notch" top- and is as close as we can come to a open neck with the raglan sleeve selection.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much, Kaaren! I did see that vee notch top. Still not quite it. I am looking for something like this:[

Posts: 2 | Registered: 18 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can do it manually- but not directly with the program. The off the shoulder neckline just doesnt cut it with our draft code.

Except a work around way. Draft the blouse with raglan sleeve - 13431

pick stretch raglan sleeve, any desired length .Default boat neck.

fold your fabric- measure 2 -3 full inches in from the fold and draw a chalk line down in a straight line. Now line up center front of the pattern to the chalk line.. You now have 4-6 inches of extra neck width to gather. Repeat on back. Thats a lot and should drop off the shoulder! Sew the casing and use drawstring or lingerie elastic to gather.

Done
Kaaren

Kaaren

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kaaren Hoback,

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post