Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    DS 7 - update or master?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DS 7 - update or master?
 Login/Join

posted
I think my software is totally up-to-date on DS 6. To install DS 7 should I use the DS 7 Update file or the Download Master?

I would have just gone ahead and run the update but I see that the patch for Internet Explorer 7 says "Install this after you install a full download master." Is it not needed for the upgrade also? Too many options. Eeker

I want to be ready for when I finally decide to load IE7.

Vicki

MPD Pro 4.00a, DS 9.09a, Win 7, IE10, HP Deskjet 7000 & Officejet Pro K8600

Posts: 208 | Location: in Texas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think my software is totally up-to-date on DS 6. To install DS 7 should I use the DS 7 Update file or the Download Master?

I would have just gone ahead and run the update but I see that the patch for Internet Explorer 7 says "Install this after you install a full download master." Is it not needed for the upgrade also? Too many options.

I want to be ready for when I finally decide to load IE7.

The current Dress Shop update includes BOTH the latest DS6 AND DS7. If you have the latest update installed, it will become Dress Shop 7 when you enter a Dress Shop 7 activation code.

The IE7 patch was posted after the update was done, so that does need to be done after the update.

You should not need the download master if you have Dress Shop 5, 6, or 7 running on your system.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The current Dress Shop update includes BOTH the latest DS6 AND DS7. If you have the latest update installed, it will become Dress Shop 7 when you enter a Dress Shop 7 activation code.

Should I update even if I don't plan to buy DS7? Will you be posting the things that changed in this load that affects DS6?

Posts: 21 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
as always- your choice.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Should I update even if I don't plan to buy DS7? Will you be posting the things that changed in this load that affects DS6?

You can update or not as you wish. We never do updates for an older version other than what is included in the latest. Or, put another way, there will not ever again be an update for Dress Shop 5, or Dress Shop 6, or Dress Shop 7 other than the current Dress Shop Family updates that include them all.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post