Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DS9 upgrade
 Login/Join

posted
I also upgraded and did not get the free patterns. Please.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 13 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also upgraded and did not get the free patterns. Please.

Sorry, I checked your account and the "Dress Shop 9 Bonus Collection" is there. You should have those patterns. The are in the "DS9Bonus" folder...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had quite a few problems loading the latest DS9, these problems were my own and not the fault of DS9. At one time I believe I did have the bonus patterns, but after so many downloads, and having my computer reset, somewhere I think I lost them. I looked in the various folders and didn't see the DS9 bonus collection. Would you please advise me as to where I should look for the bonus collection? thank you so much.

Posts: 15 | Registered: 21 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've had quite a few problems loading the latest DS9, these problems were my own and not the fault of DS9. At one time I believe I did have the bonus patterns, but after so many downloads, and having my computer reset, somewhere I think I lost them. I looked in the various folders and didn't see the DS9 bonus collection. Would you please advise me as to where I should look for the bonus collection?

The Dress Shop 9 Bonus Collection should be in a folder named "DS9Bonus". When you first select "File - Load Pattern", that folder should appear in the folder that option opens to.

If that folder is not there, then it may have been deleted at some point during your installs and reinstalls. There are several ways to get it back, but which is easiest depends on your skills with navigating your hard drive and copying files and folders. If you are comfortable with that, do option 1 below. If not, then you may need to do option 2. Good luck!

1. Open two Windows Explorer windows. Navigate one of them to c:/Program Files/Livingsoft/Dress Shop/My Patterns/. Navigate the other to c:/Documents and Settings/<your name>/My Documents/Dress Shop/My Patterns. In the first window, find "DS9Bonus". Left click on it and hold the left mouse button down to drag that folder. Press the "Ctrl" key so it will copy rather than move it. Drag it to the second window and release and the folder will be copied to where Dress Shop should see it when you load patterns.

2. Alternatively, uninstall the most recent update. Manually delete the Dress Shop folder found at: c:/Documents and Settings/<your name>/My Documents. Then, reinstall the most recent update. All files and folders should be placed back where they should be.

Hope one of these helps....

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whooooeeeee
I'm in heaven and lovin' every minute of DS9. Thank you so much for your patience in helping me deal w/ my problems. I was able to get a blouse sloper and pant sloper right out of the gate. Your very gentle hint about correcting my height from 5 1/4" (smaller than a Barbie doll) to 60.25" absolutely knocked me down. Of course the pattern was scrunched up. And your directions about how to obtain the DSBONUS file was right on....Now to go make something sexy with a grecian neckline, oh my.....Customer service was outstanding. Thank you, thank you...V/r Barbara

Posts: 15 | Registered: 21 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am the owner of DS6 ( I think that's the version number, I haven't used it in awhile)and have had the urge to get back sewing again. I now own a Mac and was wondering if this program is compatible with Mac computers?
Thanks,
Judy

Dress Shop Deluxe 6.14
Fashion Designer
Pattern Set 1022

Posts: 5 | Location: Newfoundland, Canada | Registered: 21 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As long as you have a cross platform program that allows windows programs to run- yes

DS6 is no longer supported- we are up to DS V9 so please see the home page at DS Home page
http://www.livingsoftnw.com/

sign in to Your Account using your registered email address and password, in order to get a highly discounted upgrade price.

Download and install the full version, and use the File> auto activate feature to retrieve your codes.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have DS 9 and can't figure out how to preview new pattern packs? For example, how could I see the Illusions panel patterns. I knew how to do it on older versions but don't see it now.

Thanks!

Posts: 4 | Registered: 15 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have DS 9 and can't figure out how to preview new pattern packs? For example, how could I see the Illusions panel patterns. I knew how to do it on older versions but don't see it now.

Sorry, that feature was dropped when the pattern count in Dress Shop got over a thousand. We had too many people writing to ask what folder or menu a pattern was in. In the long lists, they were just too hard to find....