Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    I want to upgrade from DS6 standard to DS9 Pro (deluxe)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I want to upgrade from DS6 standard to DS9 Pro (deluxe)
 Login/Join

posted
I would like to upgrader from DS6 Standard to DS9 Pro.

I do not see a place on the website to make this purchase. How do I go about this?

Also, I have some questions for someone at LivingSoft. Is there a mail address I can send these to. I emailed them to info1@livingsoftnw.com but I have not heard back.

Thanks
D Mitchell

Posts: 8 | Registered: 12 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would like to upgrader from DS6 Standard to DS9 Pro.

I do not see a place on the website to make this purchase. How do I go about this?

There are currently many versions of Dress Shop that have come out over the years and the shopping cart does not automatically calculate the proper discount for every possible combination. But, you can get there in 2 steps:

1. Purchase the upgrade from DS6 standard to DS9 Standard from the current Livingsoft upgrade page: http://www.livingsoftnw.com/DS9/DS9Upgrade.htm

2. Then, go to the Livingsoft store page and purchase Dress Shop 9 Pro. When you login the shopping cart, seeing that you already own DS9 Standard, will reduce your price for Pro to the difference between the two products.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sounds great. Thanks for the quick reply.

One more question. Will the new version output files in the DFX or other CAD formats?

Dmitchell

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
One more question. Will the new version output files in the DFX or other CAD formats?

No, sorry. We have steered clear of encouraging pattern editing with other CAD tools because they have no provision for making sure the pattern has anything at all to do with your body measurements. Pattern edits you do with any other CAD program will fit unless only if you know exactly the pattern dimensions should be. And, if you know that, then you can draw your own patterns and do not need a product like Dress Shop.

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I completely understand why you would not do that.

I was not looking to edit the patterns in another program, but import them (using the industry standard formats) into my 3D Art Software to make virtual clothes for still art and animation.

DMitchell

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was not looking to edit the patterns in another program, but import them (using the industry standard formats) into my 3D Art Software to make virtual clothes for still art and animation.

Well, that sounds pretty darn cool. We have worked a bit on export to DXF formats and it dis not look too intimidating. If there is actually a good reason now to do it, I'll see if we can get that done and included in a coming update. Thanks for the suggestion....

posted Hide Post
OK, I can still create the patterns in DressShop and then save a screen shot of the pattern, and digitize it my 3D software. (It would be nice if DS9 exported a BMP of the pattern, that would help.)

Then I wrap and sew it in Marvelous Designer 2, export it Poser Pro 2010, and render it there with Firefly, or export it to 3DS Max 2011 for scene work, and then render it with VRAY or MentalRay.

I do like to sew, although I am not too great at it... But Virtual sewing is fun too.

I will post a picture generated from a DS9 soon.

DMitchell