Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    re-install Dress Shop
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

re-install Dress Shop
 Login/Join

posted
My computer is having major problems. The computer guru son says there is nothing to do but re-format and start over...groan.

The computer has given me grace time to save my photos and other important documents. I suppose I should be glad.

What do I need to do to re-install dress shop, hat shop and home dec? I'm platinum.

I have saved the measurement files to a separate disk, but I don't know how to get them back into the program.

This is not exactly how I planned to spend Christmas.

Frecia

got it all. Running Dress Shop 6.19 and MPD pro; doll shop, home dec and hat shop

Posts: 34 | Location: Renton, Washington | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frecuia.sorry what a pain!
But you are in luck
you can save the following files from your Dress Shop Program.

My Settings and My measurements to a cd or stick/jump drive

Download/install the latest full version of DS from livingsoftnw.com
from the CD you saved the my settigns and my measurements files ( do print the charts out if you feel uncomfortable abotu doing this worst case is you retype the charts) and move the files from your memory source into
c> program files> livingsoft >dress shop.

with your isp up and running go to help>on the web> retrieve my activation codes and follow the instructions.all codes will be retrieved and inserted for you.

Thats it..done

maybe the good son can help- doesnt take long at all with DSL service.Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fyfee:
What do I need to do to re-install dress shop, hat shop and home dec? I'm platinum.

I have saved the measurement files to a separate disk, but I don't know how to get them back into the program.
This is assuming the reformat of your disk requires starting from scratch.

These are the files you’ll want to copy and save from your current LivingSoftNW programs to the respective file folders in your new install:

DressShop folder: MyDSMeasurements.txt, MyDSSettings.txt, and MyDSActivations.cfg

Hat Shop folder: “dsdata.txt”

HomeDec folder: “hddata.txt”

I would suggest downloading a fresh copy of the full build of DS, and the other two programs. After installing the programs, just paste your copied text files back into the same yellow folder of your new install that you copied from on the old one--as above.

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post