Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Upgrade to DS9 Problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upgrade to DS9 Problem
 Login/Join

posted
OK, I upgraded my DS6 Standard to DS9 Standard. I downloaded the latest installer (APR 2011) and installed.

I went to File -> Activate Products and all pattern codes were transferred.

I try to print a pattern and it says that I need to activate Dress Shop. I repeated the process and get the same result.

I go to Help-> What do I own? and it says that I have not activated the product.

I check Help-> About Dress Shop and it says that I have version 8.06 and Drafting Engine 9. I am not sure what that means.

There was no previous version of DS on this computer.

What am I doing wrong?
DMitchell

Posts: 8 | Registered: 12 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you install the update or the full program?
You would need the full program to be installed.

If you are running a Win7 system you must be in administrator mode ( NOT user account mode) to Download and install then run the program as administrator ( Start> Right click on Livingsoft> and select run as admin)

Once installed Retrieve your codes from the File menu, set your preferences, and select page set up.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am running Windows XP 64 Professional.

I did download and install the entire Program (not the update).

My machine login is "Administrator".

The program runs, as the demo. (8.06). (everything works as it should, in the demo mode.

I did check my bank account and I was charged $69.00. (??) That is the price for the upgrade to 9 standard from 8 standard. I did select "Owns 6 Standard" which should have been $89.00.

Something went wrong in the purchasing process. Is this something you can correct on your end, or undo the purchase and refund the money and I will try again?

Thanks for time, it is appreciated. If you would prefer to take this offline (off the discussion board) email me.

DMitchell

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did check my bank account and I was charged $69.00. (??) That is the price for the upgrade to 9 standard from 8 standard. I did select "Owns 6 Standard" which should have been $89.00.

Something went wrong in the purchasing process. Is this something you can correct on your end, or undo the purchase and refund the money and I will try again?

I checked your customer account and it shows no purchases from you since February of 2006. There is no record of ownership of Dress Shop 9 in your account at this time.

I'll ask the bookkeeper to check for a credit card transaction that did not complete and have her contact you about it by direct email.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I appreciate your help with this. For anyone else reading this, I have never had a problem purchasing at LivingSoft and have no complaints now, just a technical glitch.

I will upgrade again so I can get started, but the book keeper will have to refund the $69.00.

For the record, the Credit Card transaction did complete as it has already shown up on my bank account (to Livingsoftnw.com). I think something just went wrong in the merchant software. The other clue is that I did not get a record of the purchase sent to my email address. (yet I was charged)