Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.14 CBD
 Login/Join

posted
In making my first fitted pant in 6.14 with the same old proven measurement chart, I ended up with the same old 3" too much at the back waist. I entered a 3" CBD to no avail. I checked the choice about having no design ease. The entire pant was huge! I have lost only 5 pounds. The numbers printed out on a 6.09 pant and the 6.14 pant were the same. My next effort is the slim pant with smaller measurements. Geez, I'm confused!

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Rose Marie>
posted
Hi Kelly,
I have no advice for you but I am curious...have you made pants before with your chart? You didn't mention that. I am learning to print out and save patterns before updating to a new version. That is one way I can check to see what the differences are.
Rose Marie

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
In making my first fitted pant in 6.14 with the same old proven measurement chart, I ended up with the same old 3" too much at the back waist. I entered a 3" CBD to no avail. I checked the choice about having no design ease. The entire pant was huge! I have lost only 5 pounds. The numbers printed out on a 6.09 pant and the 6.14 pant were the same. My next effort is the slim pant with smaller measurements. Geez, I'm confused!

Your pants have a default center back dart equal to 1/4 the difference between Back Hip and Back Waist. When you enter a center back dart width, you will get a dart equal to the amount you enter. So, if you need 3" more, you do not enter 3". You enter 3" more than what you started with.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KellyLoftice:
Kelly, in addition to Bob's response, have you considered that we also have an option now under DS Settings to check "I want no extra waist ease in pants/skirt waistline." You could try selecting that option and compare the quarter scales at default before making any other adjustments.

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Diane, I have that option checked. Bob, I will check my math concerning the default amount and add the 3" to it. Thanks to all.

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post