Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    bra making instuctions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

bra making instuctions
 Login/Join

posted
I purchased the lingerie patterns for DS 7 and i am trying make my first bra. I can't for the life of me find any instructions in the manual geared towards the making of bra's and other like minded patterns.

Does Livingsoft provide any assistance on making lingerie, or any of the addon's that are not traditional patterns?

All the best,
Rae Louise Wall

Posts: 6 | Location: Champaign IL | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some really excellent instructions are available on the internet this site is particularly good. bramakers

One of the keys to fitting your cup is adjusting the "bridge" between the cups and possibly tilting the cup to your body shape.

You can adjust the darting within the program. The band and strap placement may also be adjusted.

Finding appropriate fabrics such as spandex for the band and the "right stuff" for the cups which may be lace, or lingerie fabrics is often not all that easy./ beverly Johnson web site noted above offers great supplies, as does
Australian bra maker

If you are large busted a "hammock" or sling of additional fabric inside the cup assists in lifting and supporting the weight of the breast.

The Sewing Lingerie book presented by Singer which may be found at your local library will also offer detailed instructions.

There is a definite art to the construction of a bra and it is truely an architectural effort.

Many shapes are available on the market; making adjustments to your shape is often a trial and error process.

Dritz came out with flexible plastic "underwwires" which shape with some heat from a hair dryer- though I have not see them recently- they are worth hunting for.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hm must have edited out the location of two articles written some time ago that may be helpful they are found on my personal site.

Kaaren's home pages

Scroll down to the section that links to the classes- under DS4 find Bra 1 and 2 articles.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry for such a late reply but better late than never i guess Smiler

At this point i am looking at the various pieces of the bra pattern made ot my size and what I did was to simply look at a RTW and attempt ro follow the sewing for that.

What I was hoping to find in the manual, or in the downloaded lingerie patterns was some simple explanation as to how to put it togeher, but alas, the assumption is I will know. Sort of like buying that Barbie Dream House for your child and finding out there are no directions so you have to wing it.

All the best,
Rae Louise Wall

Posts: 6 | Location: Champaign IL | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rae Louise Wall:
So sorry for such a late reply but better late than never i guess Smiler

At this point i am looking at the various pieces of the bra pattern made ot my size and what I did was to simply look at a RTW and attempt ro follow the sewing for that.

What I was hoping to find in the manual, or in the downloaded lingerie patterns was some simple explanation as to how to put it togeher, but alas, the assumption is I will know. Sort of like buying that Barbie Dream House for your child and finding out there are no directions so you have to wing it.
Rae-check tauntonpress.com thread magazine,then look for bra dilemas theres a good article there.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks. I just recently subscribed to threads and have not had a chance to crawl the website.

Rae Louise

All the best,
Rae Louise Wall

posted Hide Post
I just checked it out and you are right! this is exactly what I needed. I have all the parts, but since it is not a blouse or dress the assembly is a "tad" different Eeker

All the best,
Rae Louise Wall