Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

posture
 Login/Join

posted
I have spent days with my shoulder seam being too far to the back and side seam going to the back, creases here and there. Revelation in front of mirror. The weight of the world has made my shoulders slump forwards. If I stand up straight and pull the shoulders back, the seams are back to the right position.Turning 60 did it.Do I slump and get new meas. or pull back the shoulders?

Posts: 11 | Registered: 23 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of us have been there and done it too!my method of fixing my shoulders was this...get one of those metal rulers with a red arrow on the end,place it on the shoulder level,stand back & look front+ back, to see if it looks straight, get someone else to do this.Then remeasure the Front&Back slopes, make a note of any differences compared to chart.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fix the split.....remeasure the fulls and slopes front and back........

You may also need to adjust the front and back arm hole depths slightly.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
remeas. is being done now. thanks.a trip is looming Kaaren.Pant is now way off.Waist has moved down south and landed on hip bone.
catherine

posted Hide Post
Ill be in Nevada all June, 1st ~ 2 weeks of July and from 2nd week August onwards....
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Catherine,

I have found that measuring is more accurate while you are standing the way you normally stand (when you aren't thinking about it). When we stand in a receiving line at a wedding, or in a beauty pageant, we get taller and straighter. Hips tilt under, the stomach gets sucked in, and the girls get more prominant. The differences between the stances can include FTW, under bust height, front and back slopes, across chest, neck and throat circumferences. The differences are probably small, but when they add up, the resulting garment will be "off" enough to not feel right.

IMHO,
Kelly

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your help. Catherine