Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pictures?
 Login/Join

posted
I'm a bit confused about where people post pictures of their new clothes. When I go to the pics section, the photos never seem to change. I've read about a Quiltopolis site, but I've never been able to find my way around it. I want a chance to be inspired by everyone else's work -- how do I find it?

Posts: 13 | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The MPD Club site is located at Quiltropolis and allows user members to post their pictures.

The directions are located on the Livingsoftnw.com and MPD main pages Help sections..

Once you get a password you must apply for membership. The prereq is that you own DS or MPD ( security for ladies posting pictures of their slopers)

Just click here then Help then MPD User Club for full directions.MyPatternDesigner.com

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Marilyn in Brisbane>
posted
Is there any way of knowing which pictures are new or how long since they were loaded? Without going into and opening each and every individual folder in each and every individual topic under Albums in case there might be something new somewhere.

Other sites you can see thumbnails of the photos, or have a separate folder labelled for each month, or newest photos are added on to the end of the file and you can easily use First, Last, Next and Previous to go through them.

I don't have time to keep opening every single file under Albums on the MPD Club site to see if anything new has been tucked away somewhere

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Marilyn I have my Paid for web site at Quiltropolis which gives me access to both the Club program and the Chat room program.

I don't "own" either program and don't determine the features of either. I do spend my time moderating/teaching/offering extra forums , club albums and providing free access to users.

While neither program is ideal they are within my budget to offer free to users.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Marilyn in Brisbane>
posted
Would it be possible to have new folder for each month (ie July 2006) or each quarter (ie Jul Aug Sept 2006) and all new pictures loaded into that folder? Then it would be much easier to find and go through the one current folder to view all the latest photos.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Would it be possible to have new folder for each month (ie July 2006) or each quarter (ie Jul Aug Sept 2006) and all new pictures loaded into that folder? Then it would be much easier to find and go through the one current folder to view all the latest photos.

Well I could go in and delete anything over 90 days old. Which some folks may find offensive.

The space we have is not infinite so there are limits to the numebr of albums I can provide free to users,and users may do their own posting to the album(s) of their choice.

Your suggestion means taking control of the albums from users to a moderator ( me) which I object to for various reasons, going to a more expensive site with more features and space is a possibility- but I still like to eat and buy fabric and these are "my dollars".

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
I have the Quiltropolis software set to show what's new in the last 7 days. I check the site a couple times a week or when someone says they posted a new picture. I use the daily digest to see what's new on the bulletin board/discussion list. In the club album, each section has a notice at the top with links to the new photos. When I first started using this, I didn't understand it. No one posted any new pictures for a while; I thought it didn't work. Then Freda (Llansitant) started sewing up a storm and I started enjoying looking at her fabulous new clothes without having to look at everyone's old pictures. Check the preferences section to see how to use this setting.

Margot Julian
MPD Pro 2.5b
Pants Designer

Posts: 38 | Location: Eureka, California, USA | Registered: 12 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Marilyn in Brisbane>
posted
I wasn't suggesting you spend more time or money. There are currently 11 folders - some completely empty - others with 2 or 3 dozen sub-folders, many containing only 1 photo.

Just thought it might be easier, for both those posting photos and for those wanting to view the photos, if an album or sub-album existed with a label ie Jul-Dec 2006 or 2006, 2007, etc where photos posted during a given timeframe could be placed - rather than each person having to come up with a new name for a new sub-album each time a new photo was posted, and no-on knowing which ones were new.

posted Hide Post
I too have had some frustration with looking at photos - and I rarely go to the quiltropolis site except for classes in the winter, because I find it cumbersome. I wondered, though, why there was both this site and a separate site at quiltropolis.

But I didn't know that the quiltropolis site for dress shop/mpd was being paid for personally by Kaaren.

A suggestion, for future consideration, is that perhaps dress shop/mpd could support a discussion site where pictures could be posted - similar to a yahoo group - as an alternative to this site.

I think that a place to post photos of our projects, either to share our accomplishments or to get help, organized in a manner that is user friendly, would be a useful component of a discussion site such as this one, and it's something that users would want and that the company could look to supporting. Perhaps this site won't support photos - but is there another option that would keep everything in one place?

Lots of us belong to yahoo groups where a photo link is available, and imho it's been very useful. I know a yahoo group may not be the solution, they do take a lot of maintenance, but maybe there's an option available where, at one site, we could have both this discussion/information tool and a photo tool?

It's only a suggestion.

Posts: 473 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post