Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DS 7.0 update
 Login/Join

posted
I have Dress Shop Deluxe, it was version 5.33, & I just updated to 7.0. Except when I open DS it still shows 5.33?

Anyway, when I choose a princess style dress or blouse, the front piece side seam has a very big curve, while the back piece side seam is straight.
If I assemble it I will have to gather the front piece to get it to fit the back seam. Frowner

I haven't been sewing for quite a while. It is a disappointment to open up the program and see something like this.

Posts: 17 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 7.0 update is an upgrade- the last update for DS 5 was apparently 5.33.. my memory doesnt go back accuratley that far (well over 2 years ago) There was a DS 6 Upgrade since then and now DS 7.

Many many things have changed since DS5.

Updates are free until there is an upgrade which you have to pay for. But you do get some credit for being a DS owner- depending on if you had a standard or pro program top begin with.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still don't know what to do to fix my princess patterns. Are you saying I have to buy an upgrade to fix this? I don't know what you're saying really.

posted Hide Post
If you have installed the update to DS7, from your drop-down menu, check the preview box and choose DS7 under programs. Then you can see what changes have been made and if you wish to pay for the update. There are LOTS of changes from DS5! HTH!

Posts: 68 | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dress Shop continued to develop and refine itself during your absence. I can not go back and import your chart in my computer and give you a reasonable evaluation of the issues you face as I don't maintain a DS5 copy on my computer- its equivalent to trying to get a 2006 computer to run on win 3.1 and then try and problem solve.

We spent hundreds of development and testing hours refining and redefining the entire princess line and testing it so I can happily say what we have now works well-

Yes, I am suggesting you upgrade to the latest version to take advantage of all the product development that has occured in the last few years. We allow a large discount on the upgrade price to prior version owners.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You make me feel bad for not sewing for a while. I had other things going on in my life, not good things, I would have preferred to sew all that time.

Was there an update after 5.33 and prior to 7.0 that I can download to see if that solves my problem?

So I can no longer get any support unless I pay for 7.0?

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
You make me feel bad for not sewing for a while. I had other things going on in my life, not good things, I would have preferred to sew all that time.

Was there an update after 5.33 and prior to 7.0 that I can download to see if that solves my problem?

So I can no longer get any support unless I pay for 7.0?

Wow, quite amazing how much mis-information can accumulate so quickly. Here are some facts that seem to have been missed in this thread:

1. The drafting engine used in build 5.33, 6.19, and 7.00 is identical. When the drafting engine is updated, corrected or improved, all versions of Dress Shop get those changes.

2. The differences between versions 5, 6, and 7 are in the patterns, tools, adjustments, and settings that are included.

3. There have been no recent reports regarding princess line patterns other than the post that started this thread. When Dress Shop has drafted any pattern improperly, there are always many, many problem reports about the problem. On those occasions where only a single user is seeing a pattern drafting problem, it has inevitably been traced to the measurements being used by that customer.

4. Measurements can cause problems in two ways:
a. There is an incorrect number in the chart. That is common. A typo. A measurement entered into the wrong box. Happens all the time. To determine if you have a bad measurement value entered, try drafting other patterns. An incorrect measurement entered will usually distort many patterns, not just one.

b. On rarer occasions, a properly entered number can cause a pattern drafting problem. This happens when a pattern design just does not work well with a particular customer's body actual body shape. That does happen. To correct such, we would need a problem report submitted. That sends the measurements that cause the problem to Livingsoft so the problem can be dupicated and the pattern design changed. If possible.

In any case, if you are running build 5.33, you will see NO DIFFERENCE in the pattern draft by upgrading. You need to work with your measurements to find out why that pattern is not drafting correctly for you.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post