Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yardage calculator
 Login/Join

posted
I was using the yardage calculator and decided that I would like to see a change or two made next time one of the programmers doesn't have enough to do. When pattern pieces like a sleeve with a cuff or a front with a yoke are imported the associated piece, ie the yoke or cuff is locked to the bigger piece it is sewn to with a large amount of space between them. I would like to see each individual piece imported and not locked to another piece or I would like to be able to disconect them in the layout tool itself. This would provide me with a much more acurate evaluation of how much fabric I really need. I would also like to see the importation of facing pieces as well, after all they are part of the garment.
Bye,
Pat

Posts: 113 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too would appreciate the changes you have described.

Posts: 15 | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me three!

Dress Shop-7 Pro and MPD Pro Stand Alone

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't use the yardage calculator, because all the pattern pieces don't show up. It's easier to just lay the paper pattern on my cutting board - but if these changes were made, I'd probably use the calculator, so count me as me four.

Posts: 473 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good suggestions. I would like them also.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 13 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post