Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

locked patterns
 Login/Join

posted
I have suddenenly found a lock on my purchased patterns. I can't unlock them and don't know why the lock is there. Can you help me unlock them please?

Posts: 15 | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have suddenenly found a lock on my purchased patterns. I can't unlock them and don't know why the lock is there. Can you help me unlock them please?

If you are referring to a picture of a padlock that appears on top of the icon associated with a pattern file, that generally means:

1. You are running Windows 7.
2. You activated Dress Shop while running a User Account, rather than an Administrator Account. Users are not allowed to copy or delete such files, so a picture of a padlock is placed on the file icon by Win7 to let you know that. An adminstrator account can copy, move, or delete those files.

So, if you care, you should switch to using an administrator account type (see your control panel - user accounts). Only administrators can be trusted to copy, move, or delete files on their computers.

But, if you don't need to do that, just ignore the padlock. Dress Shop ignores it and should load and print those files normally. The padlock picture is for Windows, not Dress Shop.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, I wasn't in my admin side when i played with DS.

Posts: 15 | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post